Remote PC Operating

Hi everyone,

As in a part of my work i have to install O.S. and client software automatically and it should operate from Administrator(master PC).

Is it possible with Autoit by using client PC IP address to start a autoit script in client PC from a autoit script from master PC.

If anybody has idea about this pls send me code..

waiting for ur creating Ideas...

thanx in advance,

Afsar

yes, you can do it with several tools.

Remotely, you can run a program that copies the script to the client and then runs it.

an all autoit solution is easy as well.

Have an autoit program running in the backround on all computers.

#include <inet.au3>
$myip=_GetIP()
while 1
sleep(5000)
$ip=IniRead("z:\Temp\myfile.ini", "section2", "IP", "123.0.0.0")
if $ip=$myip then 
    $command=IniRead("z:\Temp\myfile.ini", "section2", "command", "notepad.exe")
    run($command)
endif
wend

just kinda did this off the top of my head, but you can get the gist of it I think. I would put in something to make sure it gets one only once each time, and you can put the ini file in a read only permission state for the non admins.

AutoIt3, the MACGYVER Pocket Knife for computers.

hmm .. id never thought of the ladder option... i will have fun with that

1 question.... wouldnt that really lag your computer tho... haveing to acess a network drive so frequently?

depends on how often the check runs, you could do it once every 10 minutes, or you could optionally do it when a global event occurs, say a messenger screen appears.

use of both concepts could work as well, as in you use pstools to drop a file into thier c drive, and the scan would see the file and then check the network.

I don't really like messenger service, but it is easy to script events with it.

come to think of it, I did this on a similar concept at work. I have my computer set up to check the web every half hour for a certain file, when it changes, I have my computer download the new one. Updating prices script.

Edited by scriptkitty

AutoIt3, the MACGYVER Pocket Knife for computers.

thanx,

i tried it with psexec and it works but i tried to copy a folder in remote pc but there is an error ... is there any other tool to copy a folder in remote Pc...

or any Autoit code?

Afsar

depends on how often the check runs, you could do it once every 10 minutes, or you could optionally do it when a global event occurs, say a messenger screen appears.

use of both concepts could work as well, as in you use pstools to drop a file into thier c drive, and the scan would see the file and then check the network.

I don't really like messenger service, but it is easy to script events with it.

come to think of it, I did this on a similar concept at work. I have my computer set up to check the web every half hour for a certain file, when it changes, I have my computer download the new one. Updating prices script.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

• 3 months later...

yes, you can do it with several tools.

Remotely, you can run a program that copies the script to the client and then runs it.

an all autoit solution is easy as well.

Have an autoit program running in the backround on all computers.

#include <inet.au3>
$myip=_GetIP()
while 1
sleep(5000)
$ip=IniRead("z:\Temp\myfile.ini", "section2", "IP", "123.0.0.0")
if $ip=$myip then 
    $command=IniRead("z:\Temp\myfile.ini", "section2", "command", "notepad.exe")
    run($command)
endif
wend

just kinda did this off the top of my head, but you can get the gist of it I think. I would put in something to make sure it gets one only once each time, and you can put the ini file in a read only permission state for the non admins.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

this is something personal for documentation

to operate with remote pc's which tool is better in PsExec.exe and BeyondExec.exe from www.sysinternals.com and www.beyondlogic.com and please tell me the reason also?

i preferred psexec.exe but i have to write in documentation why i chosen it..?

thanx for help

I have a script in the C:\Documents and Settings\AllUsers\Programs\Startup that calls a script on a server.

I need only change the script on the server and the next time someone logs on to a workstation events happen.

I've broken the domain down into four groups of workstations; group one is {Beta} where one system from each department gets updates, patches, etc. I play the waiting game to see if any complaints come in. no complaints, then let it fly to all 2,800 others.

I've been using SysInternals far too long to make a change...I've not stopped to even look at BeyondLogic offerings. I think the #1 feature to PsExec is the ability to run events under System Authority...just my$0.02.