Script for entering data from PDF to a Software

HI!

I just found this scripting software.

Before I start installing and getting into the languae BASIC, I would kindly like to have an answer from experienced users.

The task I want to solve is the following:

I use a software which also uses scripting technology to enter data in webforms.

This software is windows based.

I also recieve from anywhere a filled out PDF form, which I created, for filling out.

I would like to know, if AutoIt is capable to get the data (text) from each field in the PDF and enter the data in text fields in the other software!

Do You think any task like this can be scripted through AutoIt?

My system is a windows 7, but I have already seen, that AuotIt works on any windows platform...

Thank You very much in advance.

Feel free to ask, if You need more information.

Cheers.

Andre

Yes I think it's possible.

A user suggested to use pdftk to extract the form data and generate an fdf file (function: generate_fdf).

You can then process this fdf file and fill your web forms or whatsoever.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Hi Thanks for the fast answers.

@water: The PDF itself is not very "tidy", so when I export it as another filetype, get a little chaos, but that could be changed.

So, assuming I would export a well organized xls out of the PDF form, I could better script around.

I think, because the task just repeats itself, once I have found out, how to copy and paste one text field into the other, the most work is done, correct?

@Juvigy: The software, where I enter the data from the PDF is already designed for entering data in webforms. I can design scripts for the webforms with an easy GUI already.

So I would actually need AuotIt only for getting the data from the PDF to the software and its text fields.

In All, what would you guess how much work that can be?

@water: The PDF itself is not very "tidy", so when I export it as another filetype, get a little chaos, but that could be changed.

So, assuming I would export a well organized xls out of the PDF form, I could better script around.

I think, because the task just repeats itself, once I have found out, how to copy and paste one text field into the other, the most work is done, correct?

As I understand the generate_fdf function it only creates a file with the form data. So it should be rather small.

FDF stands for "Adobe Acrobat Forms".

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

As I understand the generate_fdf function it only creates a file with the form data. So it should be rather small.

FDF stands for "Adobe Acrobat Forms".

But finally you were talking about an XLS made out of the PDF.

So, I wouldnt have to care for a PDF, correct?

But finally you were talking about an XLS made out of the PDF.

So, I wouldnt have to care for a PDF, correct?

You don't have to care for a PDF file. The fsf format is not a XLS format but I think it can easily be accessed by AutoIt.

I generated an fdf file from a simple PDF without forms.

%FDF-1.2
%âãÏÓ
1 0 obj 
<<
/FDF 
<<
/Fields []
>>
>>
endobj 
trailer

<<
/Root 1 0 R
>>
%%EOF
Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Hi, sorry for any inconvenience.

I wanted to ask for a quote to do the tasks for us.

What would it cost to do it FOR us.

What would You need, to set up a quote?

Or do You think, that I could handle it with help on the forum on my own?

I have some experience in working with systems and some css and php, so just basic clue of what happens where.

THanks for Your answer.

Cheers.

Andre

Edited by webass

Well - send me the xls ( preferably ) / pdf and the software where you need to enter the data - you mentioned some software you created and i will see what can be done and give you more details.

Of course you will be able to make something yourself - start the tutorial and help files.

Yes, the pdf I could send you, but the software is proprietary. And bought for single use on one computer.

Sorry.

I think, as the task can also be done with the AutoItRecorder I would give it a try first.

I installed autoit and SciTE4AutoIt3 on my win 7 x64 system, but it seems to have problems, because I cannot call any of the tools.

And when installed autoit I already have scite as editor in there.

So, I would need to use SciTE4AutoIt3 Editor instead of the Scite in AutoIt????