AutoIt3ExecuteLine quotes/syntax

i am trying to run a line outside of my script so that the gui doesnt become unresponsive... im unable to get the syntax right though..

can anyone assist?

Run('"' & @AutoItExe & '" /AutoIt3ExecuteLine "_IENavigate(' & $IE & ',' & $URL, 0) "')

Run('"' & @AutoItExe & '" /AutoIt3ExecuteLine "_IENavigate(' & $IE & ',' & $URL &',' & 0 & ')"')

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

Okay, you need to quote the strings or your variables.

Run('"' & @AutoItExe & '" /AutoIt3ExecuteLine "_IENavigate("' & $IE & '","' & $URL & '",' & 0 & ')"')

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

In this case variable $IE is empty or not used before.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

new error:

_IENavigate(",c:\temp\camera.html,0)

_IENavigate(^error

error: string missing closing quote

dont see where else to put quotes - looks fine to me

thanks again Xeno

water:

$ie is not empty and is defined

Edited by gcue

How about this?

Run('"' & @AutoItExe & '" /AutoIt3ExecuteLine ''_IENavigate("' & $IE & '","' & $URL & ''',' & 0 & ')"')

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

I don't think you can do what you want at all.

_IENavigate needs an "Object variable of an InternetExplorer.Application, Window or Frame object" (according to the help file). This parameter is passed ByRef.

I don't think you can pass a pointer to another process and access the address space of the calling process the way you want to do it.

But maybe an AutoIt guru can shed some light on this.

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

I don't think you can do what you want at all.

_IENavigate needs an "Object variable of an InternetExplorer.Application, Window or Frame object" (according to the help file). This parameter is passed ByRef.

I don't think you can pass a pointer to another process and access the address space of the calling process the way you want to do it.

But maybe an AutoIt guru can shed some light on this.

I guess water is correct. But this seems correct in the console although it doesn't work at all.

#include <IE.au3>
$URL = "www.autoitscript.com"
$oIE = _IECreate ("bild.de")
ConsoleWrite('_IENavigate(' & $oIE & ',"' & $URL & '",' & 0 & ')' & @CRLF)
Run('"' & @AutoItExe & '" /AutoIt3ExecuteLine "_IENavigate(' & $oIE & ',"' & $URL & '",' & 0 & ')"')

what about on a custom function like this one? can it be used with it?

_CopyWithProgress($source_path, $source_path, $target_path)

Run('"' & @AutoItExe & '" /AutoIt3ExecuteLine "_CopyWithProgress("' & $source_path & '","' & $source_path & '","' & $target_path & ')"')
Edited by gcue

Every function that you can pass the "content" of the parameters not just a pointer to it can be used - IMHO.

Check the function you want to use in the help file. If you find a "ByRef" for any of the parameters then you're out of luck.

BTW: /AutoIt3ExecuteLine seems to execute a single line only. So you can only execute lines "internal" to AutoIt. No #include allowed.

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Why not just do a

ShellExecute("C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe", $URL)
Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Then put everything you need in a second script and start it from your main script.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

wouldnt the second gui then become unresponsive?

Wait, in your first post you just wanted to start IE and open an URL.

I understand that you want to GUI stuff in script1 and the IE think in parallel in script2. Right?

If not you need to elaborate a bit more.

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

sorry about that water..

i have a gui with an IE Embedded object and i use the gui to IENavigate to a website. it has a combobox to change to different sites.

This is the function of script2?

If you use run or shellexecute to start script2 from script1 then you start a complete independant process and script1 keeps on running.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki