Locker

DarkAngel

Okay so this is my 9th project since i joined the AutoIt community 3 months back. Its a very simple folder locker. I wish people to criticize me to the fullest. But that should be constructive criticisms and suggetion ;) This may be a bit comic but i love cartoons so i cant help it :blink: Please suggest improvements. I am sure its a very bad script with bad programming concepts. Please help :P

Password : flbeta1

Executable

Edited by DarkAngel

• Developers

@Volly i think its self explanatory ... just run the file with the given password . The Gui is simple enuf i suppose . :blink:

Sure Volly, just run the EXE... trust me, it will explain everything to you.

oh, by the way .... let us know if it is really safe or not. ;)

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

@Volly i think its self explanatory ... just run the file with the given password . The Gui is simple enuf i suppose .

I don't think that you understand what Volly means.

We want some infos about your program without having to see/download it.

Edited by FireFox

• Developers

@Jos Its absolutely Harmless. Dunno why i would care to harm and get my asses kicked off by the mods.

Honest opinion? : Why should I trust you and take any chances?

I will simply not run any exe produced by somebody unless there a reasonable trust.

no offence ... just reality of the Internet live.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Looks interesting (have not tried it yet though)

The change password, does it ask to enter the current password first? or do you just enter a new password and it gets changed? (if that is the case, what is to stop someone from going onto my pc and changing the password on me)

My Android cat and mouse game
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.KaosVisions.WhiskersNSqueek

We're gonna need another Timmy!

Looks interesting (have not tried it yet though)

The change password, does it ask to enter the current password first? or do you just enter a new password and it gets changed? (if that is the case, what is to stop someone from going onto my pc and changing the password on me)

@Kaot : I thought about the same thing too. But then i thought that the Change password option cant be accessed until you enter the Main Gui with your password. So once u enter it with a valid authentication then only u can change the password . :blink:

And newaz, i am sad. I was a bit excited after coding it but after i bypassed everyting and accessed locked files in 15 secs flat i am sad. It should have been much better :P

Newaz if some1 can give me some idea if all handles of the os can be removed from a file or folder in some way then i would be glad. ;)

How did you bypass the locked folder?

Not much hard. Try out a bit urself ...u will know . I am trying to figure out if there are ways of removing all existing handles of the object under consideration, so that the object can become virtually invisible to the OS. registry keys , console ...anything ? :blink:

Well, I'm at work and unable to try it. So I was asking to offer up any suggestions that might come to mind.

My Android cat and mouse game
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.KaosVisions.WhiskersNSqueek

We're gonna need another Timmy!

DarkAngel

Unlock >> Error

Unlocker 1.87 >> Has Deleted blocked folder

Unlocker removes all restrictions from a folder. yes i had tested with "unlockme" . n that deletes the file. And yes there will be unlock error if u dont select a folder first. I have worked on it and now the buttons remained greyed out until u select a folder. Maybe u can be a bit elaborate and explain wat u mean . I will work on it then.

Unlocker removes all restrictions from a folder. yes i had tested with "unlockme" . n that deletes the file. And yes there will be unlock error if u dont select a folder first. I have worked on it and now the buttons remained greyed out until u select a folder. Maybe u can be a bit elaborate and explain wat u mean . I will work on it then.

And well the only way that comes to my mind is to disable and close all processes of known softwares like unlockme or unlocker etc. But that will be a security issue. Maybe a bit illegal . i am not sure.

Thanks Darkangel.

BTW why not share with us your src.au3 ? I think this will be Great for know how your proqram works.

Also yes i agree with you.Locked folder can be bypassed more easily(svchost.exe priviligeis+Consol+attrib.exe+Some File manager ex: Unreal Commander +winrar)

For test i lock folder and without password i can bypass it sucessfully.I think may be i have any idea how to improve it but without src it is hard for me.

Anyway Great Idea & Thanks.

Edited by Fire
[size="5"] [/size]

Thanks Darkangel.

BTW why not share with us your src.au3 ? I think this will be Great for know how your proqram works.

Also yes i agree with you.Locked folder can be bypassed more easily(svchost.exe priviligeis+Consol+attrib.exe+Some File manager ex: Unreal Commander +winrar)

For test i lock folder and without password i can bypass it sucessfully.I think may be i have any idea how to improve it but without src it is hard for me.

Anyway Great Idea & Thanks.

Hey thanks. I was thinking about removing the user altogether from the acl . That might be a solution. Or perhaps some registry key that might disable permission editing of that folder. I am hunting the registry for any such key or something that might suggest that something as such is possible. If anyone has any ideas then please suggest.

I made a slight improvement. In a new version i am encrypting the password with the username of the current user. that way in case of multiple users even if some1 else knows the password he would not be able to get access . And i believe that might be the solution of the issue we are facing too. 'cause u cant change permission of a object whose permission has been set by some other user...provided u r not the admin.

@Fire .. A silly question. Do u like the interface of the script :blink:

Okay so this is my 9th project since i joined the AutoIt community 3 months back. Its a very simple folder locker. I wish people to criticize me to the fullest. But that should be constructive criticisms and suggetion ;) This may be a bit comic but i love cartoons so i cant help it :blink: Please suggest improvements. I am sure its a very bad script with bad programming concepts. Please help :P

Password : flbeta1

Executable

I could not resist, I must give my opinion:

What I have in my mind is that this forum should be only for knowledge exchange (questions and answers) and not to test for executable files!

Jos said: "oh, by the way .... let us know if it is really safe or not."

He is absolutely right! Only madmen running compiled code.

AutoIt: for me is not just a language designed for automating the Windows GUI and general scripting, is much more than that! But 80% of the regulars only think of Games, Keylogers and knows what more there, or want us to execute your compiled code, most often without much or any explanation, frankly, "clik"

http://forum.autoitbrasil.com/ (AutoIt v3 Brazil!!!)

Somewhere Out ThereJames Ingram

somewh10.png

dropbo10.pngDownload Dropbox - Simplify your life!
Your virtual HD wherever you go, anywhere!

I could not resist, I must give my opinion:

What I have in my mind is that this forum should be only for knowledge exchange (questions and answers) and not to test for executable files!

Jos said: "oh, by the way .... let us know if it is really safe or not."

He is absolutely right! Only madmen running compiled code.

AutoIt: for me is not just a language designed for automating the Windows GUI and general scripting, is much more than that! But 80% of the regulars only think of Games, Keylogers and knows what more there, or want us to execute your compiled code, most often without much or any explanation, frankly, "clik"

I dont understand something. I started the thread for your so called "sharing of knowledge" . And whatever happened to frozen systems and virtual machines ? And besides the code is not obfuscated... if some of you are so paranoidal why dont you simply extract the codes. (or does that hurt programming ethics ? But again isnt that the case only when you are doing so without the consent of the coder ? )

@Jscript please dun assume that AutoIt is a source of knowledge only for you. I believe its the case for most of us who spend their time devotedly too learn its intricasies. If you dun want to execute something, its fair enough for us. There are a lot of subthreads in this topic. Help us with those if you really want to.

Newaz thanks for your opinion . Its much respected.