Speed up AU3Record Process

Hi,

I wanted to know if there was a way to make the script AU3Record 3.3 that comes in Autoit to process actions quicker. I looked for a timer and didn't see one within the script. I am automating a very tedious task. The record script is great and captures everything I need to do but not any quicker than I can do the actions myself. Is there a way to make it run through each step of the recorded actions quicker? I didn't find anything in the FAQ's. I hope this hasn't been answered a 100 times already.

thanks,

Gary

perhaps you should post an example of what script it is writing for you. It is not always sleep that causes delay. MouseMove for instance defaults to 10 speed when you could set it to 1 if you want for faster move. Without an example of a script we cannot help you speed it up.

perhaps you should post an example of what script it is writing for you. It is not always sleep that causes delay. MouseMove for instance defaults to 10 speed when you could set it to 1 if you want for faster move. Without an example of a script we cannot help you speed it up.

Here is a copy of the script I recorded. I had to take out the window names for Proprietary Reasons. Is there a way to speed up the mouse movement. Also the clicking is selecting dropdowns. Is there a way to capture the values for each dropdown and input them directly without mouse movements. The whole operation could be down via tab keys and selections. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Gary

_WinWaitActivate(""Change Your User Opt")

MouseClick("left",1085,323,1)

MouseClick("left",148,311,2)

MouseClick("left",1086,332,2)

MouseClick("left",407,475,2)

MouseClick("left",844,488,1)

Send("{SHIFTDOWN}l{SHIFTUP}aptop{SPACE}{SHIFTDOWN}r{SHIFTUP}eimaged")

MouseClick("left",1017,615,1)

MouseClick("left",337,283,2)

MouseClick("left",1017,634,2)

_WinWaitActivate("","Change Your User Opt")

MouseClick("left",438,203,2)

MouseClick("left",368,710,1)

MouseClick("left",275,728,1)

MouseMove(304,714)

MouseDown("left")

MouseMove(143,715)

MouseUp("left")

MouseClick("right",282,717,1)

MouseClick("left",310,773,1)

MouseClick("left",164,979,1)

MouseClick("right",164,979,1)

MouseClick("left",192,1069,1)

Both MouseMove and MouseClick functions in the script have an optional parameter not being used called speed. As I said the default is 10. All you need to do is add ,1 before the ) on each of those functions.

As for finding the value of the drop down it depends on the application. Is this internet browser? Normal Windows app? Custom GUI app?

Both MouseMove and MouseClick functions in the script have an optional parameter not being used called speed. As I said the default is 10. All you need to do is add ,1 before the ) on each of those functions.

As for finding the value of the drop down it depends on the application. Is this internet browser? Normal Windows app? Custom GUI app?

Customer GUI App it is a large ticketing app for incoming tickets.

Not customer custom, as in something that looks like they didn't use the normal windows api to create the windows.

Open up the tools menu in the scite editor and select AU3Info.

Click and drag the Finder Tool icon over the dropdown ComboBox you want and release. If the control tab of AU3Info displays information then we are in business.

1st get the handle of the box, I used the search dropdown in the search tab of AutoIt Help as an example.

$handle = ControlGetHandle("AutoIt Help","","[CLASS:ComboBox; INSTANCE:1]")

Make the 1st parameter the window title and the 3rd parameter is whatever it says under Advanced Mode in the control tab of AU3Info tool.

Then if you want a | delimited list of the possible selections just use

_GUICtrlComboBox_GetList($handle )

And if you want to select an item in order counting from 0 use.

_GUICtrlComboBoxEx_SetCurSel($hWnd,0)
_GUICtrlComboBoxEx_SetCurSel($hWnd,1)
_GUICtrlComboBoxEx_SetCurSel($hWnd,2)
_GUICtrlComboBoxEx_SetCurSel($hWnd,3)
_GUICtrlComboBoxEx_SetCurSel($hWnd,4)

... etc.

Edit: Make sure you drop the finder tool over the down arrow or somewhere that selects the entire combo box not juse the text part of it as this is an 'edit' box.

Edited by ShawnW