Send Commands to a Service?

I've written a service in AutoIt using the _Service UDF:http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=80201&st=0

Now what I want to do is send a custom command from a C# app to the AutoIt service.

It's shown how this is done in a C# service here: http://arcanecode.com/2007/05/30/windows-services-in-c-sending-commands-to-your-windows-service-part-7/

But does anyone know how that might be accomplished for the AutoIt service or IF it can be done?

Thanks

Edited by cvocvo

You can use the WMI Win32_Service object and $oSvc.UserControlService($iCmd). Note $iCmd is defined by WMI as uint8 (one byte), so only 0 thru 255 are valid.

Also, I've learned anything you could reach in WMI can be reached with a sufficiently clever DllCall() too, if you're willing to do a little research.

:blink:

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Hello,

Did you do it with autoit? I want to do the same but with autoit...

You can use the WMI Win32_Service object and $oSvc.UserControlService($iCmd). Note $iCmd is defined by WMI as uint8 (one byte), so only 0 thru 255 are valid.

Also, I've learned anything you could reach in WMI can be reached with a sufficiently clever DllCall() too, if you're willing to do a little research.

Not sure. I thought you wanted to send commands to a service. You want an AutoIt-based service to receive such commands.

That probably means setting up a COM event handler for when your service's object gets a "UserControlService" event, or something similar.

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law