Execute command and then pause in shell window

Whats the trick to do something like this in AutoIt without using a batch file? I would like to run a command line and then pause so that I (or another user) can see the result of the previous command and then the "pause" would allow me to press any key to close the window. Right now, if I run a command, the shell window closes before I get a chance to see whether the command was successful or not. For example, if I wanted to run the command "net use Z: \\server\share" and then "pause", is it possible to do that using either ShellExecute or just the simple Run (@ComSpec...)? I know with a batch file, I could do it by doing something like this:

*test.bat*

net use Z: \\server\share

pause

exit

I am wondering if its possible to do this all in one line though so that I do not have to use a batch file and can use the built in AutoIt Run or ShellExecute functions to accomplish this.

Hope I'm explaining myself correctly. Thanks for your feedback.

Well, have a play with Run, changing the "/c" with "/k" (hope it's correct) to leave the window open after the command runs. Then wait a few seconds and close the window.

Something like this:

Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 2)
Run(@ComSpec & " /k " & 'net use Z: \\server\share', "", @SW_SHOW)
Sleep(2000)
WinClose("cmd.exe")

You will need to find a more accurate string in window's title to make sure you won't be closing the wrong window.

SNMP_UDF ... for SNMPv1 and v2c so far, GetBulk and a new example script

wannabe "Unbeatable" Tic-Tac-Toe

Paper-Scissor-Rock ... try to beat it anyway :)