Another Word UDF question!

I'm replacing various bits of text with strings from my script.

All work except for 2 cases in a text box (address header needed to keep right justified stuff in header as well as left-justified main text].

According to the help, _WordDocFindReplace range defaults to searching the whole document:

$v_SearchRange | 0 = (Default) Specifies the entire document

Any range object

[edit] It works with tables, so I'll try using them rather than text box!

But this isn't working for me. Am I doing something wrong, or is this a limitation of the UDF? Is there another way to do this? My VBA skills are rudimentary - as in my other recent query - so not keen on tackling multi-line VBAs!

thanks,

William

Edited by saywell

Textboxes are hidden in the fields collection.

One solution is to run the search two times: Once for the text and a second time for the fields.

Maybe this link helps.

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Textboxes are hidden in the fields collection.

One solution is to run the search two times: Once for the text and a second time for the fields.

Maybe this link helps.

Thanks, water.

That's a bit beyond my present knowledge, but I'll have a good read of your links.

For now, I've put the text box contents in a table, instead (it was just a document header, needing the S&R to add the correct extension and email address according to its creator).

Regards,

William

Sorry to be back here so soon, but I've discovered some odd behaviour in the _WordDocFindReplace function in my script.

I'm replacing CCCC in my new document with $ClinicCode, where the clinic code is in the format [3letters]/[3digits].

If I use 999 as the 3 digits - eg ABC/999 the search and replace puts 069 in the document!

It does this even if I replace the string in the command with "ABC/999" so it's not a string error. And it works fine for other numbers with 3 repeated digits.

However, if I use n99 it puts in n06 [where n is another digit]. Though nn9 renders correctly.

If I do a manual S&R in word, it works as expected, so it's not an odd word setting.

Is there a special useage of '99' in the word udf?

Any thoughts, anyone?

regards,

William

Just tried it with Word 2002 and it works fine for me.

#include <word.au3>

$oWord = _WordCreate("C:\temp\test.doc")
$oDoc = _WordDocGetCollection($oWord, 0)
_WordDocFindReplace($oDoc,"CCCC","ABC/999")

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Just tried it with Word 2002 and it works fine for me.

#include <word.au3>

$oWord = _WordCreate("C:\temp\test.doc")
$oDoc = _WordDocGetCollection($oWord, 0)
_WordDocFindReplace($oDoc,"CCCC","ABC/999")

Mine's 2002 too. And testing with a code snippet like yours works!

So, back to the code, and I see that my template has a '99' to be replaced by @MDAY - and today's the 6th, so @MDY = 06!!

How stupid can I get?

I've changed the 99 to XX so it's not changing the 99 that might appear in clinic code.

Regards,

William