question for the future about creating Game API's for blind gamers

Hello all,

I am just getting started with C# and AutoIt, and I had a question for the community. From experience and research, I know that autoIt can be used to play and manipulate audio files. As a player of accessible games for the blind, and a want-to-be hobbiest game creator, what is your opinion on using AutoIt to handle the Audio functions of the game? Do you think that this is a good idea over spending hundreds of dollars for this functionality? Does anyone know of anything like this that already exists? Any input or opinions would be wonderful. Thanks so much in advance!

Chromebuster

How would you spend hundreds of dollars on it? AutoIt is just a language. It is free (as in beer), but there are free compilers for many other languages too, including C#. So I don't get what you're comparing it to?

:blink:

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

I'm comparing it to a particularly greedy game developer in the blind community who was just too lazy to write his own audio API, and so he felt that he had to spend 2,000 dollars on the API so that he could write a scripting language (which I found out later was not authentic to him). I'm asking which is easier if I wanted to create this myself since I'm not lazy. Creating the entire program in C#, or allowing AutoIt to handle the Audio part of it and then embedding it into the C# project?

Probably straight C#. I'm betting there are numerous free/open source examples of whatever kind of audio handling you want in C#. And keeping the whole project in one language has got to be simpler.

:blink:

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law