How to prevent a GUI from showing itself in the Task Bar?

Hi,

I really have some pretty small problems with my Task Bar. : I would be very glad if someone could help me out. :blink: The problem is that when I'm coding I often listen to music, surf the webs, as well as open many text files, and this makes my Task Bar look really awful, :nuke: with tons of programmes attaching to it.

What I want to ask you guys is, how to hide a programme from the Task Bar? What I mean is, say, I have a normal visible form, but when working with this form, I have to open some more child-forms. And I really don't want these child-forms to show themselves in the Task Bar, because it'll make the Task Bar look even more messier. Can I do this? :>

I have tried to play around with Koda, by checking, and unchecking some of the Form's attributes, but with no luck. :)

I really hope that you guys could help me with this. This is not a serious problem, but, well, it should be better if I can hide some unneeded forms from the Task Bar, right? ;)

Thanks a lot in advance,

And have a nice day, :P :P

Edited by eEniquEe

• Moderators

eEniquEe,

You can remove the button from the taskbar by using the "parent" parameter when you create your GUI. If you do not have a parent, then you can use the ever-present, but hidden, AutoIt window: ;)

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>

; Create parent
$hGUI = GUICreate("Parent", 500, 500)
GUISetState()

; Use parent handle when creating child
$hGUI_No_TaskBar_1 = GUICreate("Child", 200, 200, 100, 100, Default, Default, $hGUI)
GUISetState()

; Or use the Autoit window
$hGUI_No_TaskBar_2 = GUICreate("AutoIt Child", 200, 200, 200, 200, Default, Default, WinGetHandle(AutoItWinGetTitle()))
GUISetState()

While 1
    Switch GUIGetMsg()
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
    EndSwitch
WEnd

I hope that helps. :blink:

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

#NoTrayIcon or @SW_HIDE

eEniquEe,

You can remove the button from the taskbar by using the "parent" parameter when you create your GUI. If you do not have a parent, then you can use the ever-present, but hidden, AutoIt window: :>

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>

; Create parent
$hGUI = GUICreate("Parent", 500, 500)
GUISetState()

; Use parent handle when creating child
$hGUI_No_TaskBar_1 = GUICreate("Child", 200, 200, 100, 100, Default, Default, $hGUI)
GUISetState()

; Or use the Autoit window
$hGUI_No_TaskBar_2 = GUICreate("AutoIt Child", 200, 200, 200, 200, Default, Default, WinGetHandle(AutoItWinGetTitle()))
GUISetState()

While 1
    Switch GUIGetMsg()
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
    EndSwitch
WEnd

I hope that helps. :blink:

M23

Thanks JohnOne, and Melba very much for taking time to reply to my question. ;)

@JohnOne: Well, your way is not what I intend to do. :P I mean to hide the whole thing from the Task Bar, not just the Icon. Anh @SW_HIDE will hide my whole form. : But, btw, thanks for replying :nuke:

@Melba: Thanks for your great explanation, and the easy-to-understand sample code. It works like a charm. I get it now. Thanks very much indeed. :):*