Listview refresh problems

I do not know if this is a problem with autoit or my computer. The system specs are in the zip file.

There is also a simple au3 file which demonstrates the problem.

Run the au3 file and an array pops up as seen in fig 1.jpg. This is the results of a call to _arraydisplay.

Within a few seconds the contents of the listview disapears. see fig 2.jpg.

If the array display is move to the left so that half of it leaves the screen,

release the left mouse button fo a couple of seconds and then move the listview display back into the middle of the screen then the listview only partially refresses. see fig 3.jpg.

This is true if the listview is moved to the right or bottom. fig 4.jpg and fig 5.jpg.

All software and drivers is up to date.

what is going on?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Be Well

StuffByDennis

I don't see your attachments, but:

Does the problem survive a reboot?

What do you see in task manager on the performance tab; any other processes sucking up lots of CPU time?

:blink:

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Yes it survives reboot. Its been goin on for several months now. it only happens to listview items. It happens to all programs I have written with listview items. Even those I have not changed since the problem started.

I do have a new graphics card though. All the info is in the zip file I attached. I wonder where it went. I will try attaching it again.WhatHappened.zip

Thanks for your help

StuffByDennis

If you just run the example script in the help file under _ArrayDisplay(), does it show your symptoms? If not, how much do you have to change to get them to show?

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Excellent question.

I tried the help file before and it worked ok. Did not think to change it to see what it would take to duplicate the symptoms.

All it took to duplicate the symptoms was to add the following line after the include statement:

$GUI = GUICreate("What Happened",100,100,0,0)

I did not have to include the statement GUISetState (@SW_SHOW ) even though it did the same when I did.

StuffByDennis

So this is all it takes for the listview to show symptoms?

#include <Array.au3> ; For _ArrayDisplay() only

$GUI = GUICreate("What Happened",100,100,0,0)
Local $avArray[2][5] = [["JPM", "Holger", "Jon", "Larry", "Jeremy"], ["Valik", "Cyberslug", "Nutster", "JdeB", "Tylo"]]
_ArrayDisplay($avArray, "$avArray as a 2D array")

Can't duplicate that. Sounds like serious Windows issues outside of AutoIt.

Yep. Thats all I did.

You are probably right.

I was thinking about going to Windows 7 anyway.

Maybe this is a good time.

Any issues with Autoit and 64 bit Windows 7 that you know of?

If not then I'll try it and consider the problem solved (unless it repeats itself).

Thanks for your help

StuffByDennis