AutoIt3Wrapper ini file

I'm not 100% clear on the following 2 points, (and yes, I did read the documentation :blink: ).

Do the following steps correctly describe the processing mode of AutoIt3Wrapper?

1) Look for directives in C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.ini. If found, use them as defaults.

2) Look for directives in Scriptdir\Scriptname.ini. If found, use them and override values from step 1.

3) Look for directives inside the script. If found, use them and override values from steps 1 and 2.

4) Accept values entered in the GUI (if the GUI is used), and use them as the final settings.

One other question. Documentation says AutoIt3Wrapper will "Read any info from the Scriptname.Ini file as defaults if its available". Assume the name of my script is "test.au3". Is the file AutoIt3Wrapper looks for named "test.au3.ini" or "test.ini"?

Thanks

Edited by jayterry

• Developers

I'm not 100% clear on the following 2 points, (and yes, I did read the documentation :blink: ).

Do the following steps correctly describe the processing mode of AutoIt3Wrapper?

1) Look for directives in C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.ini. If found, use them as defaults.

2) Look for directives in Scriptdir\Scriptname.ini. If found, use them and override values from step 1.

3) Look for directives inside the script. If found, use them and override values from steps 1 and 2.

4) Accept values entered in the GUI (if the GUI is used), and use them as the final settings.

One other question. Documentation says AutoIt3Wrapper will "Read any info from the Scriptname.Ini file as defaults if its available". Assume the name of my script is "test.au3". Is the file AutoIt3Wrapper looks for named "test.au3.ini" or "test.ini"?

Thanks

Pretty close I would say and correct as to the sequence of priority. Your point 4 about the GUI. All that really does is update the #AutoIt3_ Directives in the script which are then used.

The INI used is test.au3.ini

Jos ;)

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Excellent. I was hoping that's what the answers were.

One more question. I was scanning the source of AutoIt3Wrapper and noticed the area about initializing the Scite director interface and maybe trying to update the file directly in Scite instead of externally. I sometimes use a different editor for my AutoIt files, but can easily configure it to call AutoIt3Wrapper with all the proper paramaters (and then automatically reload the updated file after the call). It appears to work fine so far after only a little bit of basic testing, but I was wondering if AutoIt3Wrapper's attempt to interface with Scite might potentially cause any problems. For example, I may even have an instance of Scite running at the time, but it not being the one calling AutoIt3Wrapper. Do you think there's a possibility of conflict, or maybe a need for something like a "/noscite" parameter in AutoIt3Wrapper to tell it to not even try interfacing directly to Scite?

Thanks

• Developers

I am using SciTE's Director Interface for things like retrieving the SciTE program directory when not found in the regular way and Optionally minimise the OutPutPane, so do not think you will have any issues with another Editor.

This SciTE directory is really only needed to find Tidy and Obfuscator etc.

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Ok. It was just the comment in the program that says "; Try to update the file directly in SciTE instead of externally by means of the Director interface" and that you were registering a CopyData message that made me wonder if something more might be going on. So I just wanted to make sure there would be no unforeseen issues with using AutoIt3Wrapper outside of Scite.

Thanks

• Developers

The code is still there by commented. I did update the version in the source for a while via the Director interface but was having issues with that.

Line 1216-1249.

The CopyData MSG is to be able to retrieve information from the SciTE director Interface, currently only used when the SciTE program directory isn't clear.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.