Run completly HIDDEN exe

Why is that a problem? It's unobtrusive, out of the way, and being minimally visible makes it at least less likely to be malicious.

:blink:

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Why is that a problem? It's unobtrusive, out of the way, and being minimally visible makes it at least less likely to be malicious.

:blink:

Becuse as the headline says "Run completly HIDDEN exe" and this is not completly hidden. I just want to know how to make it completly HIDDEN, if possible ofcourse ....

• Developers

What is hide.exe ? And how du i use it ?

Have you even looked at what was posted and tried to read what is described there?

Anyway, doubt if that will do anything for you when the program you run is not a console program.

So why are you so hot in making QemuManager.exe run hidden?

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Have you even looked at what was posted and tried to read what is described there?

Anyway, doubt if that will do anything for you when the program you run is not a console program.

So why are you so hot in making QemuManager.exe run hidden?

I have been searhing, reading and trying to learn this, and i just want it for learning porpuse ... Edited by mijaysen

mijaysen, when you say 'processline' do you mean hidden from the Taskbar or hidden from Task Manager's processes list? Its confusing because the picture you show points to a window button/tab on the Taskbar. If all you want is to hide THAT, then applying @SW_HIDE will of course hide that icon. If it doesn't seem to be working, you should make sure you are getting a window handle first (use WinGetHandle(), check the result - maybe get rid of the 2nd param "Hardware").

Otherwise, hiding a process so that it doesn't even show in Task Manager is a whole different can of worms that you really shouldn't mess with.

mijaysen, when you say 'processline' do you mean hidden from the Taskbar or hidden from Task Manager's processes list? Its confusing because the picture you show points to a window button/tab on the Taskbar. If all you want is to hide THAT, then applying @SW_HIDE will of course hide that icon. If it doesn't seem to be working, you should make sure you are getting a window handle first (use WinGetHandle(), check the result - maybe get rid of the 2nd param "Hardware").

Otherwise, hiding a process so that it doesn't even show in Task Manager is a whole different can of worms that you really shouldn't mess with.

Yes i only mean at the TaskBar ... I think its becuse that qemumanager.exe also automaticly run qemu.exe with parameters ...

The @SW_HIDE do hide the window but as shown in picture it dossent hide from the taskbar ...?

Grasshopper - I made an error in showing you what you needed. Let me correct my mistake. The following example will show you what you need.

#include <ButtonConstants.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
Opt("TrayIconHide", 1)
$Form1 = GUICreate("Form1", 296, 175, 192, 114, -1, BitOR($WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW,$WS_EX_WINDOWEDGE))
$Button1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Click to close me", 104, 88, 89, 33)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
        Case $Button1 
            Exit
    EndSwitch
WEnd

Grasshopper - I made an error in showing you what you needed. Let me correct my mistake. The following example will show you what you need.

#include <ButtonConstants.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
Opt("TrayIconHide", 1)
$Form1 = GUICreate("Form1", 296, 175, 192, 114, -1, BitOR($WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW,$WS_EX_WINDOWEDGE))
$Button1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Click to close me", 104, 88, 89, 33)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
        Case $Button1 
            Exit
    EndSwitch
WEnd

What is this ? And how do i use it ?

You asked how to run your GUI and hide it on the task bar. The example I provided does exactly that.

When you ask "What is this?" I'm answering you with an example of how to do what you originally ask for in your first post.

When you ask "How do I use it", well, unless you post your code of your project, I can't help you much more. The only thing I can tell you is look at is $Form1 = GUICreate("Form1", 296, 175, 192, 114, -1, BitOR($WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW,$WS_EX_WINDOWEDGE))

and you will see how I set the extended style. You will need to read the helpfile to understand more.

If you are new to AutoIt, and you act like you are, then take the AutoIt 1 2 3 class located in example scripts.

You asked how to run your GUI and hide it on the task bar. The example I provided does exactly that.

When you ask "What is this?" I'm answering you with an example of how to do what you originally ask for in your first post.

When you ask "How do I use it", well, unless you post your code of your project, I can't help you much more. The only thing I can tell you is look at is $Form1 = GUICreate("Form1", 296, 175, 192, 114, -1, BitOR($WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW,$WS_EX_WINDOWEDGE))

and you will see how I set the extended style. You will need to read the helpfile to understand more.

If you are new to AutoIt, and you act like you are, then take the AutoIt 1 2 3 class located in example scripts.

I have postet my coded . Its at the top ... But i try yo play a little with it ...

Simple question - Did you make the program you are trying to hide in AutoIt? Yes or No.

edit - In other words do you have the source code to QemuManager.exe? Yes or no

I see what QemuManager.exe does after I googled it. What you have in mind is change how the window is shown. You want it to be shown in toolbar mode instead of the normal mode. The only thing I can suggest and I will not be of much further help is looking at the command _WinAPI_SetWindowLong

Edited by MPH