Google Docs Upload

So I am automating an upload of a document to google docs. Frankly, I'm not well versed enough to be able to use their API, although I suppose I should get into python at some point so I can start learning that.

For the moment however, I'm uploading with autoit (or at least trying to). However, I'm hitting a wall on a click event. Here's what's going on.

On the Sites page, there is a page type called filecabinet. Clicking on the add button brings up a new mini-window (I'm not really sure what it is, java maybe?) that says choose a file from your computer, or from the web. Clicking from there on the Browse button brings open a file open dialog where you can choose a file and then upload it to the site. However...using the "click" method of _IEAction or even just getting the object and doing .click() causes it to open the dialog window, but autoit itself doesn't continue with the script! So all you see as the last executed command is $object.Click() and then it holds there, as though it's waiting for a response event.

I can't find anything in the MSDN documentation about click returning anything either. Anyone got an idea, or help?

Edited by Alodar

Please see the "Automate input type=file" link in my sig for a work around.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

I saw that earlier Dale. I was trying to avoid doing it with a visible window in this regard, as I was using _IECreateEmbedded(), but it doesn't look like that's possible?

Frankly, I'd really love to find a working python script that I could edit, so I could keep it all out of user interaction, but so far all I've found is a headache.

Security trumps usability. Unless you use the API, you're stuck.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

Well, I just tried it going the non-embedded way. Funny story: the browserx/browsery method doesn't work at all for the browse button element in google docs. Way way off. Oh well, I'll just hand/hard code it.

Security trumps usability. Unless you use the API, you're stuck.

Dale

I can't argue with this. I'm just not knowledgeable enough as a programmer to use the API or learn enough about Python in a week to be able to do so.