check box set as button?

buddy

Howdy,

We are trying to write a script to setup a battery life and power saver application for our PCs. While using Windows Info, it was found that some check boxes are set as buttons. We tried to verify the status of the check boxes using the IsChecked option under the ControlTreeView command but it didn't work.

Some of the check boxes will enable/disable treeviews with sub-branches. We would like to identify the status of those as well but haven't figured out the way to enable/disable them individually. Windows Info showed us a unique name for all of them.

I appreciate any help you can provide us.

Rick

Thanks MPH!

Our main issue is related to the fact that we would like to know the status of the check boxes (Checked or Unchecked). We tried using the ControlTreeView's options but none of them worked. Do you have any other suggestion?

Thanks for your reply, Bruce!

I have been trying to find a way to see if the check box is been selected. However, using the command you just recommended me didn't work either. ;)

Just to double check that I wasn't missing anything, I set a message box that should tell me the status of the check box. When I ran my script, it always came as '0' (unchecked) which is not the case since the check box was checked.

Here is the code I used for the message box

$err = ControlCommand("Devices tree","","[NAME:checkbox_ReInitDevices]","IsChecked","")
; --------------------------------------------------
; Test sequence
;
MsgBox(0,"Script Step", "Status of Check box " & $err)
;
; --------------------------------------------------

Am I missing something?

Do you have any other suggestion?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by buddy