World of Wacraft Script problem

hello everybody,

i have made a script to start my world of warcraft,type my account and then enter...but my script doesnt run at all :S

heres the code:

if ProcessExists("Wow.exe") Then
     MsgBox(64,"Script","World of Warcraft is already open!")
                                    Else
     run("World of Warcraft") 
 EndIf
 WinWaitActive("World of Warcraft")
 Send("my acc name")
 send ("{TAB}")
 send ("my acc pass")
 send ("{ENTER}")

First of all you dont want these "[" "]" in your function call, look at the helpfile

; Open Notepad
ShellExecute("Notepad.exe")

; Open a .txt file with it's default editor
ShellExecute("myfile.txt", "", @ScriptDir, "edit")

It is also customary when you are asking for help, to volunteer the information that will help people to help you.

First you say it dosent run at all, then you say it still gives you errors.

And thios without even a hint of what errors you are getting.

Some people cannot be bothered to help if they have to force information out of the person needing help.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

First of all you dont want these "[" "]" in your function call, look at the helpfile

; Open Notepad
ShellExecute("Notepad.exe")

; Open a .txt file with it's default editor
ShellExecute("myfile.txt", "", @ScriptDir, "edit")

It is also customary when you are asking for help, to volunteer the information that will help people to help you.

First you say it dosent run at all, then you say it still gives you errors.

And thios without even a hint of what errors you are getting.

Some people cannot be bothered to help if they have to force information out of the person needing help.

what i mean by 'its still giving me errors' is that the script still doesn't run,i tried to fix the code with what the other mate posted and it still gives me errors with the syntax-error checker ;)

I'm not certain about this but I think ShellExecute might also want a path to the file you are wanting to execute if it is not in the path of your system folder.

Like I say Im not sure, but it cannot hurt.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

First of all, and last of all. this is a "hack" as this is against blizzard's terms of use. read the announcement before posting

with what way is it a hack?:S

also i got the script to open wow but it doesn't enter my credentials.

code:

if ProcessExists("Wow.exe") Then
     MsgBox(64,"Script","World of Warcraft is already open!")
     Exit
                                    Else
     ShellExecute("Wow","","""\""""\World of Warcraft") 

WinWaitActive("World of Warcraft")
 WinWait("World of Warcraft")
 Send("acc")
 send ("{TAB}")
 send ("passs")
 send ("{ENTER}")
 EndIf

what i mean by 'its still giving me errors' is that the script still doesn't run,i tried to fix the code with what the other mate posted and it still gives me errors with the syntax-error checker ;)

in none of your examples are you specifying an executable file as suggested in the replies. read the help file, read the replies you've already gotten, and if you still don't see what you're doing wrong, post your code and your specific results. I'm thinking you already have your answer though

well tell me pls what i am doing wrong...i don't see why this shouldn't work.

as JohnOne said, the window may resist automation. modify your code to see if you can make it work with notepad. if it works with notepad but not with the game window then that's probably about as much help as you're going to get as game automation of any kind especially multiplayer games are not allowed on the forum. that said, if you reach that point use the search function to go back on the forum to the times when game discussions WERE allowed and you may be able to find some help there.

No it doesn't resist automation as i've used and made a auto - login(er) myself but then i figured out how to modify the login lua file in common.mpq

if you read just the first lines of terms of use > hacking it says loud and clear that any kind of automating in wow is against the terms of use as GM's always says, "1 button - 1 action"

Edited by Tyranlol
[u]Only by Attempting the Impossible You Can Earn the Remarkable[/u]

No it doesn't resist automation as i've used and made a auto - login(er) myself but then i figured out how to modify the login lua file in common.mpq

if you read just the first lines of terms of use > hacking it says loud and clear that any kind of automating in wow is against the terms of use as GM's always says, "1 button - 1 action"

I used to play WoW for quite some time. Blizzard has never said automation was against the rules, what they have consistently said was that if you're automating the game so that it runs while "you're not at the keyboard" it's against the rules. Blizzard has repeatedly stated that macroing, with things such as the G15 keyboards from Logitech, are perfectly "legal" in their game. They have even included G15 support IN the game program.

They also have one of the most extensive macroing and addon support available out of any game I have ever played. 1 button - 1 action is completely untrue as far as WoW goes. This automation being asked about here is not botting, it's auto-login to save the OPs time typing it in every time as far as I can see. If it goes beyond that, and he/she is looking to automate the gameplay with the press of a key then I'd have reservations against the help, but so far I don't see any problems.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Global Const $path  =   "C:\World of Warcraft\Wow.exe"
Global Const $proc  =   "Wow.exe"
Global Const $win   =   "World of Warcraft"
Global Const $acc   =   "account"
Global Const $pass  =   "pass"
Global $pid
Run($path)
If @error Then
    Msgbox(0,"Error","Process failed to run.")
EndIf
$pid    =   ProcessExists($proc)
If @error Then
    Msgbox(0,"Error","Can't find client.")
EndIf
Do
    If Not WinActive($win) Then
        WinActivate($win)
    EndIf
Until WinActive($win)
;Sleep time is arbitrary.
Sleep(10000)
Send($acc)
Send("{TAB}")
Send($pass)
MouseClick("primary",636,572,1,1)

Seems Controlclick doesn't work but maybe I did my syntax wrong, this works on my system as far as I could tell, my account isn't active tho ;)

This could be shortened down.

You can edit the config.wtf file in the wow folder to automatically enter your account name and password, just as a by the way.

Edited by Theri