How best to handle calendar issue?

I have a month calendar based on the month the user wishes to see, and next to that a month calendar that automatically shows the same month of next year. I want to be able to display a green box around the date the user selected for the current month and a red box on the same date next year. Ideally the user should be able to select two, or even three green dates which would then automatically generate two or three red dates next year.

What is the best way to highlight the day(s) that the user selects?

You might play around with GuiCtrlCreateDate() and the _GuiCtrlDTP_* UDF functions in the help file. But I don't know how you would set a particular color for a selection.

;)

Edited by PsaltyDS
Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

You might play around with GuiCtrlCreateDate() and the _GuiCtrlDTP_* UDF functions in the help file. But I don't know how you would set a particular color for a selection.

;)

That seems to be in the ballpark. Let me be a tad more specific on my goal and perhaps you (or others) might have an idea of how to proceed. I am attempting to create a program that will make it easy to view/create a bond ladder. I have about six calendars on the page right now. If a bond matured next month I would like to easily see which day it matured (like with a red square on the date) and then when I clicked on that red square I would see that it was a one year bond and the amount and such so I would not only know how much it would pay me next month but I would know how long to reinvest, etc. Right now the program works well in sorting a lot of bonds by maturity date and finding 'holes' in the ladder, but I have no visual representation of the ladder on any of my six calendars on screen.

Any help, general ideas or specific, would be appreciated as I seem to be at an impasse at this point.