@SW_HIDE pixelsearch.

Is it possible to pixelsearch a @SW_HIDE window. If it's possible, how can I use ofLight's pixelfindall with this hidden window.

;=================================   PixelFindAll   ==============================
; Function Name:    _PixelFindAll
; Description:      Finds all instances of a pixel within a given area and returns array with Total and all locations X and Y.
;                   Allows you to limit results by skiping pixels within a given distance to each other.
; Requires:                         None
; Parameters:       $Pixel          Colour value of pixel to find (in decimal or hex).
;                   $XDist          Horizontal distance from found pixel to skip before continueing search (moving right)
;                   $YDist          Vertical distance from found pixel to skip before continueing search (moving down)
;                   $sv             Shade Varience
;                   $SB_l           left coordinate of total area to search. Default is 0 (far left side of screen)
;                   $SB_t           top coordinate of total area to search. Default is 0 (top most Side of screen)
;                   $SB_r           Right coordinate of total area to search. Default is @DesktopWidth (Far Right side of screen)
;                   $SB_b           Bottom coordinate of total area to search. Default is @DesktopHeight (Bottom most side of screen)
; Syntax:         _PixelFindAll($pixel[, $XDist, $YDist, $sv, $SB_l, $SB_t, $SB_r, $SB_b])
; Author(s):    
; Returns:      $Array[0][0] = 0 on failure
;===============================================================================
Func _PixelFindAll($pixel,$XDist=0,$YDist=0,$sv=0,$SB_l=0,$SB_t=0,$SB_r=@DesktopWidth,$SB_b=@DesktopHeight)
    Dim $Array[2][2], $Count = "0", $SB_l_Max = $SB_l, $SB_b_Max = $SB_b
    $Array[0][0] = "0"

While 1
        $xy = PixelSearch($SB_l,$SB_t,$SB_r,$SB_b,$pixel,$sv)
        If @error And $SB_b = $SB_b_Max Then
            SetError(1)

Dim $Array2[2][2]
            $Array2[0][0] = "0"
            $Count = "0"

For $i = 1 to $Array[0][0]
                $Write = 1              
                For $j = $i+1 to $Array[0][0]
                    $VarX = _CompareNumbers($Array[$i][0], $Array[$j][0], $XDist)
                    If $VarX = 0 Then
                        $VarY = _CompareNumbers($Array[$i][1], $Array[$j][1], $YDist)
                        If $VarY = 0 Then $Write = 0
                    EndIf
                Next
                If $Write = 1 Then
                    $Count = $Count+1
                    $Array2[0][0] = $Count
                    ReDim $Array2[$Count+1][2]
                        $Array2[$Count][0] = $Array[$i][0]
                        $Array2[$Count][1] = $Array[$i][1]              
                EndIf
            Next

Return $Array2
        ElseIf @error Then
            $SB_t = $SB_b + 1
            $SB_b = $SB_b_Max
            $SB_l = $SB_l_Max
        Else
            $Count = $Count+1
            $Array[0][0] = $Count
            ReDim $Array[$Count+1][2]
            $Array[$Count][0] = $xy[0]
            $Array[$Count][1] = $xy[1]

$SB_t = $xy[1]
            $SB_b = $SB_t
            $SB_l = $xy[0]+1+$YDist 
        EndIf
    WEnd
EndFunc;==========================  PixelFindAll   ===============================

Func _CompareNumbers($Number1, $Number2, $byhowmuch);SUB Function of PixelFindAll
    ;Verify that $Number1 is more than $byhowmuch from $Number2
    ;Returns 0 if within $byhowmuch
    If $Number1 = $Number2 Then
        Return 0
    ElseIf $Number1 > $Number2 Then
        If ($Number1-$byhowmuch) >= $Number2 Then Return 1
    ElseIf $Number1 < $Number2 Then
        If ($Number1+$byhowmuch) <= $Number2 Then Return 1
    EndIf
    Return 0
EndFunc

I have just tried to do the above without any luck. I can't even get autoit to read the colour even if paint is minimized. Any suggestions?

HotKeySet("{F1}", "Terminate")
HotKeySet("{F2}", "Hide")
HotKeySet("{F3}", "Show")
HotKeySet("{F5}", "_Search")

Func _Search()
$7 = 0
$colour = 0xFC0E73
$search = PixelSearch(0, 0, @DesktopWidth, @DesktopHeight, $colour, 0, 1, "Untitled - Paint")
If Not @error Then
    MsgBox(0,"Error","Found Colour")
EndIf
EndFunc

Func Terminate()
    Exit 0
EndFunc

Func Hide()
    WinSetState ("Untitled", "", @SW_HIDE)
EndFunc

Func Show()
    WinSetState ("Untitled", "", @SW_SHOW)
EndFunc

WinWaitClose("")

I don't think you get what he's saying. To be able to search for a pixel in a window that window has to be drawn on screen. For example a window completely hidden doesn't count as being on screen. However; a window that is not hidden but below another window still counts as being drawn on screen and you can search for a pixel on a window that is not top-most.

Hooking into paint would let you do a lot of things but I don't think it would let you use pixelsearch on its window when you've made it hidden.

I do understand, but even if paint is open and theres a window infront of paint the colour won't pick up. So basically paint is not top-most but still active on the desktop and no colour detected. Reason I'm asking is cause I have a script written and want to be able to still use my pc whilst still using autoit, but the application that autoit controls requires to be fullscreen.

It wont find a pixel if there is a window hiding it.

It wont find a pixel if the window is minimized.

It wont find a pixel if the window is hidden.

The window does not have to be the active one, but the pixel simply has to be visible.

You are flogging a dead horse, if you want to use your computer while your bot is running then use a virtual machine of some sort.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

How about _IEAttach with pixelsearch is this possible? The code below does find the embedded object even while IE is minimized. I currently do use virtualbox, but it's so slow. So would prefer to get my script to work with current desktop.

#include <IE.au3>

Dim $aIE[1]
$aIE[0] = 0

$i = 1
While 1
    $oIE = _IEAttach ("MySite", "embedded", $i)
    If @error = $_IEStatus_NoMatch Then ExitLoop
    ReDim $aIE[$i + 1]
    $aIE[$i] = $oIE
    $aIE[0] = $i
    $i += 1
WEnd

MsgBox(0, "Browsers Found", "Number of browser instances in the array: " & $aIE[0])

WinWaitClose("")