[SOLVED] Disabling Parent TreeView Checkboxes

fisofo

Summary: I want to disable specific TreeView Item checkboxes (grayed out, disabled, invisible, whatever!) and leave others intact.

I've searched and found Holger's Tristate GUI TreeView as well as a more specific post from him about what I am trying to do, however after updating the code to work with the most recent AutoIt versions, I find it is not working for me. The code in that second post is actually just a simplified version of his Tristate stuff, so I focused on that (although I tested both), and I produced the below code, which is unfortunately not working. The Struct appears to be correct as far as I can tell from MSDN as well... Any thoughts?

I am running Win7 x64.

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <GuiTreeView.au3>

Global Const $TVM_SETITEM   = $TV_FIRST + 13

GUICreate('Test')

$tv     = GUICtrlCreateTreeView(10, 10, 200, 200, BitOr($TVS_HASBUTTONS, $TVS_DISABLEDRAGDROP, $TVS_HASLINES, $TVS_HASLINES, $TVS_SHOWSELALWAYS, $TVS_CHECKBOXES))
$tvitem1    = GUICtrlCreateTreeViewItem('Item1', $tv)
$tvitem2    = GUICtrlCreateTreeViewItem('Item2', $tvitem1)
$tvitem3    = GUICtrlCreateTreeViewItem('Item3', $tvitem1)

GUICtrlSetState($tvitem1, $GUI_EXPAND)

RemoveCheckbox($tv, $tvitem1)

GUISetState()

While 1
    $Msg = GUIGetMsg()

Switch $Msg
    Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
    ExitLoop
    EndSwitch
WEnd

Exit

Func RemoveCheckbox($nTV, $nID)
    Local $hItem = GUICtrlGetHandle($nID)
    If $hItem = 0 Then $hItem = $nID

Local $stTVITEM = DllStructCreate('uint;uint;uint;uint;ptr;int;int;int;int;uint;int')

DllStructSetData($stTVITEM, 1, $TVIF_STATE)
    DllStructSetData($stTVITEM, 2, $hItem)
    DllStructSetData($stTVITEM, 3, 0)
    DllStructSetData($stTVITEM, 4, $TVIS_STATEIMAGEMASK)

GUICtrlSendMsg($nTV, $TVM_SETITEM, 0, DllStructGetPtr($stTVITEM))
EndFunc
Edited by fisofo

Well, it works fine on Vista 32-bit (root item has no checkbox), so it may be 64-bit related issue. If you compile it 32-bit and run it, does it work for you?

;)

Edited by PsaltyDS
Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Well, it works fine on Vista 32-bit (root item has no checkbox), so it may be 64-bit related issue. If you compile it 32-bit and run it, does it work for you?

;)

Doh! That makes sense... thanks Psalty! When I compiled the example, it worked perfectly for me, so I reinstalled the latest AutoIt but chose not to include native x64 components. Should this be submitted as a bug somewhere? I looked around and see that others have had similar issues though, so perhaps the team is aware of it.

In any case, thanks much Psalty!