Runs on one system - not on other

Hi,

I wrote a simple GUI util which is basically a form and passes values to a browser as a query - a search util.

Anyway, it worked perfect on one PC (Windows XP)... now Im testing the exe on my laptop and it's not working correctly :(

I'm very new to AutoIT so perhaps I've overlooked something.... All I can think is that the ControlID's are different on other systems - anyone know if this can be the case? The only other difference I can see between these systems is this one has the XP them, the other Standard Windows theme.

I've not got the script to hand as I only passed the exe to this machine (the original is in a different location)... I cant decompile it either as the decompiler asks for a password... I did'nt set one :(

• Developers

Hi,

I wrote a simple GUI util which is basically a form and passes values to a browser as a query - a search util.

Anyway, it worked perfect on one PC (Windows XP)... now Im testing the exe on my laptop and it's not working correctly :(

I'm very new to AutoIT so perhaps I've overlooked something.... All I can think is that the ControlID's are different on other systems - anyone know if this can be the case? The only other difference I can see between these systems is this one has the XP them, the other Standard Windows theme.

I've not got the script to hand as I only passed the exe to this machine (the original is in a different location)... I cant decompile it either as the decompiler asks for a password... I didn't set one :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, you could at least tell us the error you are getting or the symptom you are seeing........

and you must have set the password or specified no-decompile as an option when you compiled it or else you could decompile it when you are using the correct exe2aut version.....

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Well, you could at least tell us the error you are getting or the symptom you are seeing........

and you must have set the password or specified no-decompile as an option when you compiled it or else you could decompile it when you are using the correct exe2aut version.....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry, well no error messages - only that nothing happens when a search button is clicked.

I have a GUI with 4 tabs, in each tab is several text boxes each with a button - when the button is clicked I take the value from the text box (the one next to the clicked button) and pass it into a URL string - then call up the default browser with the URL. On this machine about half of the buttons do nothing.

It basically does exactly what would happen If the wrong ControlID's where assigned to the text boxes or buttons. The reason I say this is I had a lot of trouble getting these working earlier as the more I added the more they changed. I did have the whole thing working as I said, I even fully tested the exe version... but no luck on this PC.

Your right, I must have not clicked the allow decompile option...