needing help with inter-process communication

tcox8

Hello all,

First off, i'm kind of new, so go easy on me :-D

My program description: Imagine a print queue in Windows. Any computer on the network can view the queue and have access to whats in that queue. Well I need to do basically the same thing with my program. I need to have a stand alone program that can send something to the queue and then will see it sitting in the queue along with all the other computers seeing whats in the queue.

My thoughts so far: I have thought of using an excel spreadsheet located on a server to send the data too and then all the queues receiving it, but can't think of a way that won't kill the network and CPU's by constantly reading that file. I have also looked into using the system.messaging.messagequeue object but can't get it to work ( a little over my head).

Any thoughts, ideas, comments? I appreciate it!!!!!

Edited by tcox8

"There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't"

hmm, I was thinking..

What if I had a daughter application on all the computers, and a mother application on the server. Then when a daughter application sends data (via filemove or some other means) to the mother application, then the mother application will send that data to all of the daughter applications. Thus acting like a queue.

Still I wonder if this would eat network resources...?

"There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't"

hmm, I was thinking..

What if I had a daughter application on all the computers, and a mother application on the server. Then when a daughter application sends data (via filemove or some other means) to the mother application, then the mother application will send that data to all of the daughter applications. Thus acting like a queue.

Still I wonder if this would eat network resources...?

Your request is a little vague for me, but trancexx's MailSlot udf in example scripts might be what you need.

Edited by martin
Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

Your request is a little vague for me, but trancexx's MailSlot udf in example scripts might be what you need.

Hmm, I'll give it a look. I appreciate your reply!