Access a SAP web service

water

I have a web service that returns data from SAP. To get the data I have to provide a userid and password.

I searched the forum for "WSDL", "SOAP" and "Web Service" and got the impression that using SOAP will not be supported on Windows 7.

I have no knowledge about SOAP, WSDL, web services, XML or whatever else is needed! This will be the only time I try to access a web service.

One of our programmers offered to write a .Net program to access the webservice and write the data to a file. This file could then be processed by ma AutoIt script.

Should I accept the programmers offer?

Or is there an easy AutoIt way to access the SAP data?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

@Water,

Since you didn't notice you posted this in the wrong Forum.

Anyhow regarding to you question I would go for installing the MSSOAP COM Objects, for the sake if compatibility.

Here's an article that helps you explain a bit. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms996450.aspx

Since AutoIT is not 'yet' .NET compatible I did just the same on my Windows 7 x64 machine.

The other option is to build your SOAP envelopes by hand, using XMLHTTP COM objects.

But that's of course biniary suicide.

Rgds

ptrex

Since you didn't notice you posted this in the wrong Forum.

Oops, sorry for posting in the wrong forum. Can one of the Moderators please move this thread to the "General Help and Support" forum?

Anyhow regarding to you question I would go for installing the MSSOAP COM Objects, for the sake if compatibility.

Unfortunately my script will run on many different W7 machines so installing the MSSOAP COM Objects on every machine is no option.

I think I will stay with the programmers suggestion and let him program the webservice part. Another advantage is that he does all the work ;)

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

@Water,

An other approach is to run it using MS PowersShell (which is in fact .Net) and you are still scripting.

There are ways to access PS in AutoIT so this seems to be the best of both worlds for you. ;)

Rgds

ptrex

Hi ptrex,

thanks for your suggestions!

I will be on vacation for the next 3 weeks. But when I return I will discuss the subject in my company

and I hope there will be a fast and easy decision :)

Kind regards

Water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki