(Solved) How to get file list inside the rar archive?

shEiD

Hi,

Is there any way to get the file list from inside the .rar archive? I can't find nothing in winrar.chm, and google gave me nothing ;)

I need to check, if rar file contains only 1 file, if yes, I will store the "original" name in the database, and extract the file renaming it to my preference. The problem is, how the hell, do I get that stinkin file list from inside rar file?

Please, help.

Edited by shEiD

There is an UNRAR UDF available. Maybe it does what you need.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

You can use UnRaR.exe to make a list file

UnRaR.exe lb "MyRaR archive.rar" > files.txt

@JFX thank You, works like a charm. Wonder why there's nothing about this command in winrar's help? Strange and annoying...

There is an UNRAR UDF available. Maybe it does what you need.

@water I had that UDF, but had completely forgot about it, though, methinks it is too old and crashes on this version of autoit, iirc. Thank You for reminding me, I will try to look into it.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Thanks for the post. Saved me from having to spend any money on that ugly ass win95 looking gui called winrar. Don't mind setting up a bat file and using unrar.exe

Is there any way to filter the results? Not a big deal, just might save a little bit of time :)

Meaning, that I don't want .doc .dll license, readme removed from the myfiles.txt. It would just save me a few minutes of having to open in openoffice , do a find and replace/remove. Versus just open with notepad, have quite a few less results and just scroll through, instead of having to use find.

Edited by joeshoe