Reading Java Window Text

I'm trying to read text from a java window (an IBM Websphere Host On Demand 3270 emulator session.)

The AutoIt window info tool comes up blank for everything except Window info. Here's what I get:

Title: HOST - B (24X80) H166X - B - TNB01870

Class: SunAwtFrame

Position: 206, 105

Size: 808, 582

Style: 0x16CF0000

ExStyle: 0x00000100

Handle: 0x000C0A0A

Currently, my code uses CTRL-A and CTRL-C to select and copy the text to the Windows clipboard for processing, but this is terribly slow when I need to monitor this text often.

I would think that if I can select this text, that there would be some way to read it via AutoIt, but maybe I'm missing something obvious. Any help would be appreciated.

It's a bit complicated ! Posted Image

See this post

Summarizing, download and install Java Access Bridge

( Java Access Bridge for the Microsoft Windows Operating System makes it possible for a Windows based Assistive Technology to get at and interact with the Java Accessibility API )

After, run C:\Program Files\Java Access Bridge\JavaMonkey.exe

click on refresh tree and you'll see title and text of your java window ( which is already open )! Posted Image

Edited by wakillon

AutoIt 3.3.14.2 X86 - SciTE 3.6.0WIN 8.1 X64 - Other Example Scripts

It's a bit complicated ! Posted Image

See this post

Summarizing, download and install Java Access Bridge

( Java Access Bridge for the Microsoft Windows Operating System makes it possible for a Windows based Assistive Technology to get at and interact with the Java Accessibility API )

After, run C:\Program Files\Java Access Bridge\JavaMonkey.exe

click on refresh tree and you'll see title and text of your java window ( which is already open )! Posted Image

Wow, definitely more to it than I had hoped. I think I'll stick with my capture-to-clipboard method of reading. It isn't terribly fast, but it's easy to code. :-)

Thank you for the article reference.