Wait until web page is fully loaded

Hello,

I want to use AutoIt for loading one web page, but I need to wait until web page is fully loaded (and then write name/password) - I use now only sleep function, but sometimes happens that web page is not loaded yet, and script fails of course. It is possible to use another function for this? Thanks for any help !

Hello,

I want to use AutoIt for loading one web page, but I need to wait until web page is fully loaded (and then write name/password) - I use now only sleep function, but sometimes happens that web page is not loaded yet, and script fails of course. It is possible to use another function for this? Thanks for any help !

Have a look at the _IE functions in the helpfile.

thanks, but this works only with IE ... or am I wrong?

It does and while there is an UDF to use FF (not any other browser to my knowledge) I'd advise you to use IE, as it's the only browser that can be controlled directly through COM and it will work on every windows PC.

heh ;) yes yes, Excel can do that .. e.g. import whole webpages and then you can work with this data

ok probably it isnt possible to use this IE command for excel, so I have to use Sleep function ... not great, but never mind :)

Right I was thinking you where trying to import some website into excel after loading it from some browser.

I'm not familliar with using websites in excel, but there should be a nicer way to do this than just a plain sleep. If autoit has trouble doing it directly, then maybe excel can check it and set a flag that's easily readable.

I'll see if I can have a look tomorrow.

Edit: I had a look and failed. I couldn't figure out a way to do it using COM and the only clue that anything was happening is the little globe in the bottom left corner, which was no use to me. Now if there was a cell in the page that would always change after an update (like a date/time stamp) things would be easy.

I'm still pretty sure there is an elegant solution to this, but I can't find it.

Edited by Tvern