Install Autoit without admin access

I dont have admin access to my comp and i want to install autoit 3. I want to make my script in work but, it isnt possible because, my script doesnt work completely. For example, GUI doesnt work absolutly without installing. :(

Is it possible do something, that i can use autoit 3 on computer, where i dont have this access?

thanks for help

I dont have admin access to my comp and i want to install autoit 3.

No problem. Just download the ZIP package and "install" (extract) it wherever you want. AND, after you have compiled a script, you don't need AutoIT at all, as it's all in the EXE.

Cheers

Kurt

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

I forgot. I downloaded A3 package and i use it. But GUI still doesnt work. It is write this error:

"Error reading the file: GUIConstans.au3. "

Otherwise all works well i think.

Can i do something, that i can use GUI too?

thanks for y. adv.

"Error reading the file: GUIConstans.au3. "

Can i do something, that i can use GUI too?

I guess, the interpreter takes the path for the include files from the following

registry key.

HKLM\SOFTWARE\AutoIt v3\AutoIt\InstallDir

If it is not possible for you to set or change this key, just specify the full path in the include statement.

#include "[path\]filename"

Cheers

Kurt

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

Guys it has nothing to do with the install. He has miss spelled GUIConstants.

EXE's will run on their own once compiled no matter how many includes you have with it. That is so long as it was spelled right before compiling. Otherwise it never included the file.

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

Thanks for advise. I dont have a permission to this registry. And the alternative - i give the path of my GUI in the script (C:\My documents\docs\AutoIt\Include\GUIConstants.au3), but it still doesnt works.

Interesting is, that when i open the script in SciTE and rewrite the path (to GUIConstants.au3 as you wrote), there goes it well and the script works.

i thinks, that without admin rights, i cant use the A3 completely. (without GUI).

Its a pity. :(((

Just a thought... make certain you are pointing to the include like this:

#include "C:\My documents\docs\AutoIt\Include\GUIConstants.au3"
and not inside angle brackets <> (which will try to find the standard include folder).

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

sorry i dont understand,

i have it write without brackets

exactly like that i have it write in my script...

and it

doesnt work neither

#include <C:\My documents\docs\AutoIt\Include\GUIConstants.au3>

nor

#include C:\My documents\docs\AutoIt\Include\GUIConstants.au3

:(

am i stupid ? :(

Only the first with the "" stands a chance of working.

Can you post a short piece of stand-alone code and the exact error(s) that you receive?

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

Is there anyway you can compile it to an EXE on a different computer so you can use it on that computer?

I have been noticing you havent ever compiled it. Atleast it doesnt appear that you have compiled it.

That I would say is your only solution.

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

I dont compile it. Is in au3 form.

Now when i rewrote path to

#include "C:\My documents\docs\AutoIt\Include\GUIConstants.au3

show me other error

in atach. (pic004)

i try it in original script: at my home it works well.

;====================================================

;============= Example of a child window ============

;====================================================

; AutoIt version: 3.0.103

; Language: English

; Author: "SlimShady"

;

; ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

; Script Start

; ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

;Include constants

; #include <GUIConstants.au3>

;Initialize variables

Global $IniFile

Global $GUIWidth

Global $GUIHeight

$GUIWidth = 250

$GUIHeight = 250

If "..." is used, the filename is taken to be relative to the current script.

Use
#include "GUIConstants.au3"
and have GUIConstants.au3 in the same directory as your script.

Edit: Your pic looks like a const variable is being redeclared, comment out the script declaration.

And what version of AutoIt are you using?

Edited by MHz

Now when i rewrote path to

#include "C:\My documents\docs\AutoIt\Include\GUIConstants.au3

show me other error

in atach. (pic004)

O.K. I unpacked AutoIT 3.1.1.0 from the ZIP into the same folder

as you (C:\my documents\...). There is absolutely no error when

I start your script. I guess there is something else broken on your

computer.

Regarding the error:

>Global Const $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE = -3

This is the first line of GUIConstants.au3. So I guess, the interpreter

does not know the keyword Const, which again leads me to the conclusion, that

something is broken on your system.

From the History file of AutoIT:

7th Feb, 2005 - v3.1.0

* Added: Const keyword

I guess you are using an older version of AutoIT. Can you please tell us

what version of AutoIT you are using and where you downloaded it from?

Cheers

Kurt

Edited by /dev/null

Only the first with the "" stands a chance of working.

Can you post a short piece of stand-alone code and the exact error(s) that you receive?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wrong, both stand an equal chance of working. The quotes versus brackets only affects the search order, not the search locations. Search the forum for posts by me explaining more on the search order and difference.

Wrong, both stand an equal chance of working.  The quotes versus brackets only affects the search order, not the search locations.  Search the forum for posts by me explaining more on the search order and difference.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Great... good to know. My response was based on a literal reading of the help documentation for #include

Valik, perhaps you could take a look at the helpfile text to see if incomplete, misleading, or if I simply misunderstood.

Thanks,

Dale