Disabling Mouse Gestures

Hello everyone,

In Windows 7, if you click on the taskbar button for a program and at the same time, move your mouse slightly upwards, it opens up the jumplist feature. I'm always doing this accidentally, so I was looking for a way to disable it. So, could the disabling of left mouse click plus upwards mouse movement while on a taskbar button be blocked by an AutoIt script? I've written a few small AutoIt scripts, but with this one, I have no ideas even where to start.

Thanks,

CM

*Double post sorry, the forum timed out after I had clicked the submit button.

Edited by romulous

Hello everyone,

In Windows 7, if you click on the taskbar button for a program and at the same time, move your mouse slightly upwards, it opens up the jumplist feature. I'm always doing this accidentally, so I was looking for a way to disable it. So, could the disabling of left mouse click plus upwards mouse movement while on a taskbar button be blocked by an AutoIt script? I've written a few small AutoIt scripts, but with this one, I have no ideas even where to start.

Thanks,

CM

*Double post sorry, the forum timed out after I had clicked the submit button.

Assuming you have the task bar at the bottom of your window you could do something like this. Haven't tried it on W7 though.

#include <misc.au3>;needed for _IsPressed
While 1
    $wt = WinGetPos("[CLASS:Shell_TrayWnd]");get the position of the tray

If $wt[1] < MouseGetPos(1) Then      ;if the cursor is below the top of the tray we assume the cursor is over the tray
    $MP = MouseGetPos()     ;get the cursor position
    While _IsPressed(1)      ;while the left button is pressed
    MouseMove($MP[0], $MP[1], 0) ;fix the mouse in position while the left button pressed.
    WEnd
    EndIf
 sleep(50)
WEnd
Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

I would alter the sensitivity of your mouse, I have to say, I have never done that by mistake.

Heh - Someone else told me that they never had that happen to them either, when I asked them if they could add such an option to their taskbar tweaking program:

http://rammichael.com/7-taskbar-tweaker#comment-168

(The reason why it happens to me is that I have a medical condition that makes my hands constantly shake - only a tiny bit, but enough that dozens of times a day, I activate that jumplist feature accidentally - and of course, there is no option in Windows to disable it)

Assuming you have the task bar at the bottom of your window you could do something like this. Haven't tried it on W7 though.

#include <misc.au3>;needed for _IsPressed
While 1
    $wt = WinGetPos("[CLASS:Shell_TrayWnd]");get the position of the tray

If $wt[1] < MouseGetPos(1) Then      ;if the cursor is below the top of the tray we assume the cursor is over the tray
    $MP = MouseGetPos()     ;get the cursor position
    While _IsPressed(1)      ;while the left button is pressed
    MouseMove($MP[0], $MP[1], 0) ;fix the mouse in position while the left button pressed.
    WEnd
    EndIf
 sleep(50)
WEnd

Thanks - I just quickly tested that, and it seems to work. Need to use it over the course of a couple of days I think to see if there are any unexpected problems with it, but at the moment, it looks fine. The only thing I can see from my first glance is that if I click and move up, nothing happens - which is fine. It does mean though that I still have to click twice on the taskbar to open up the program window if I do accidentally click and mouse up, the same as I do when I accidentally activate the jumplist (click once to get rid of the jumplist menu, click once more to activate the window) - so it doesn't really save me any mouse clicks, all it does is prevent the jumplist window from popping up. I suppose I should have expected that had I actually thought this one out. Edited by romulous