Frameset Problem with IE

I am writing a piece of code to automate a system however i have come across a slight problem.

The link i need to click on is embedded in a frameset within a frameset.

How can i drill down to the required frameset and frame using IE.au3?

The hyperlink can only be launched on my intranet therefore i cant give you the link itself.

I have included the html code for the page below and i have highlighted the frame(workFrame) below that i need to get to.

<html dir="ltr">
<head>
   <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
   <title>Portal</title>
</head>
<frameset rows="50,25,*,9,25" frameborder="0" border="0" framespacing="0">
    <frame title="topBannerFrameTitle" name="bannerArea" scrolling="no" src="top_banner.html" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0">
    <frame title="titleFrameTitle" name="topFrame" scrolling="no" noresize src="titleframe.jsp" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0">

<frameset cols="25%,2,*" frameborder="0" border="0" framespacing="0" >
        <frame title="menuFrameTitle" name="menuFrame" src="menu.jsp" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0">
        <frame title="borderFrameTitle" name="portfolioBorder" scrolling="no" noresize src="portfolioborder.html" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0">
        <frame title="workFrameTitle" name="[color="#FF0000"][b]workFrame[/b][/color]" src="pdwelcome.jsp" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" >
    </frameset>
    <frame title="borderFrameTitle" name="bottomBorder" scrolling="no" noresize src="bottomBorder_ltr.html" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0">

<frame title="bottomFrameTitle" name="bottomFrame" scrolling="no" noresize src="taskbar.jsp" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0">
</frameset>
</html>

Once i can get to the frame i have another question how can i click on a link which doesnt have a name or id?

<a href="domain.jsp?method=properties&domainid=Business_Reporting">Report</a><br>

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Naveed

Edited by Naveed

Look at the _IEFrameGetCollection in the help file. I had a similiar inqiry last week and Dale pointed me here. It took me a couple of days but I figured it out the coding for my situation. But its definitely a good starting point. The good thing is the frame you want to work with has a name.

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=118821

Edited by JayFran

Yes, you can drill into frames... you'll find lots of examples in the forum.

$oFrame1 = _IEFrameGetObjByName($oIE, "topFrame")

$oFrame2 = _IEFrameGetObjByName($oFrame1, "workFrameTitle")

then use $oFrame2 as you would $oIE

for elements without names or IDs, please read the remarks in the helpfile for functions like _IEGetObjByName or _IEFormElementGetObjByName

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble