Guide for learning packets?

Gar

Hi guys, I've been programming in AutoIT for a couple years now. One thing I've never been able to break into is packet handling - reading, analyzing, and sending packets in general. Does anyone know a good tutorial or guide to learning packets, or can explain them thoroughly?

I've gone so far as to download and look at Wireshark, but I've no idea what i'm looking at when I DO read packets...

Thanks!

This shouldn't be in general help and support since you are not asking autoit related question. Easiest way is do something then see what packets sent/received and then copy packet and see if sending copied packet repeats what you just did.

It's just general. For later you can compare packets to see how is data hold there and then you can try changing few bytes in packet and see if message you are sending to other chat partner is diferent.

edited

Well that's what I'm saying... how does one handle packets in autoit? I'm familiar with what they are and how they work, I just don't know what UDFs to use (or how). I could work through it if I knew how to send and receive packets with autoit ;)