WinWaitActive Questions

Hi,

This may be a very rookie question, but is there any way to have a winwaitactive that only waits for a certain time. Or is there any way to do it that if it doesn't come up we check if something else is up and act on it accordingly. Any help would be great

Use Sleep(1000), just change the value to 1000 for every second you need to wait. If you need to run other tasks while waiting, than see Timing functions TimerInit() & TimerDiff().

My Contributions: Unix Timestamp: Calculate Unix time, or seconds since Epoch, accounting for your local timezone and daylight savings time. RegEdit Jumper: A Small & Simple interface based on Yashied's Reg Jumper Function, for searching Hives in your registry. 

Reading the help file, you will see that WinWaitActive Returns the handle of the window rather than a True statement, however If it happens to timeout, it will return a False statement.

Try this:

If WinWaitActive("","",15)<>0 Then

Edit: Typos

Edited by Realm

My Contributions: Unix Timestamp: Calculate Unix time, or seconds since Epoch, accounting for your local timezone and daylight savings time. RegEdit Jumper: A Small & Simple interface based on Yashied's Reg Jumper Function, for searching Hives in your registry. 

I am assuming that you are not using a blank Title to check if it is active, because there will (almost) always be some window that is active. Also, it is OK to return the Window Handle because the "If" statement will succeed as long as it DOES NOT return 0, a blank string, or false. Any thing returned other than those 3 values, and the statement is True, even it it returns -1.