Administrative help

Valuater

Ok, the story is, I have purchased 20 computers, from a police dept I think. They are running and connecting ( or errroring) to their respective network or whatever...domain, netBios, environment, services.. stuff I don't know

I just want to stop all of this "administrator" stuff and make them mine.

Any ideas???

Thx

Valuater

8)

NEWHeader1.png

I guess the first question were they part of a domain originally? and do you have the admin admin password to each of the machine? weather they be domain or work group.

I would normally just format and re setup I did a auto install to help with that if you want it, as that a main prt our our business here, would save you time in basic setup up brought down our time from 4-5 hours per machine to 45mins + for a windows 7 install.

In my experience better of resetting as you really do not know what nasties are hiding, but if you wanted a script to do a basic reset I'm sure that can be done and would be happy to give it a go with you help as I know your autoit skill are far better than min, but I am quite good admin/pc guy..

[topic='115020'] AD Domain Logon Script[/topic]

Egad, they didn't wipe the HDDs before disposing of them?! :)

First thing you should do is wipe them all and reload an OS on them.

;)

P.S. If you didn't get the software with the hardware, I know where you can get some windows for free.

;)

Edited by PsaltyDS
Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Egad, they didn't wipe the HDDs before disposing of them?! :)

First thing you should do is wipe them all and reload an OS on them.

;)

P.S. If you didn't get the software with the hardware, I know where you can get some windows for free.

;)

I spent hours and days cleaning out the crap. But, I wanted to save some of the programs like office 2007 and a couple of others. I don't have the license to reload that stuff. Ubuntu is an all new direction that I would like to pass on.

My actuall intent is to load a server software for an internet cafe

thx

8)

Edited by Valuater

NEWHeader1.png

If you're just worrying about the Office 2007 installation, try this tool Magical Jellybean Keyfinder and get the CD key for it, then format one of the systems and rebuild it, including Office using the legit key that you now have.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

If you have 20 computers with the same configuration, install windows+drivers+programs on one of them, then make an image (I use Norton Ghost) and restore it on the others (this is how I usually do). You save a lot of time! 

Edited by taietel

If you're just worrying about the Office 2007 installation, try this tool Magical Jellybean Keyfinder and get the CD key for it, then format one of the systems and rebuild it, including Office using the legit key that you now have.

Thanks for the idea Brewman... and taietel

I found a free one that worked great here...

http://sites.google.com/site/cakirbey/softkeyrevealer

*** Hoping Peter is still with me here on na script to help with the admin stuff... ;)

Edited by Valuater

NEWHeader1.png

This might seem a noob question, but did you check if they have a system partition for restore?

Sometimes when organizations buy a load of PCs (ello ello ello) pardon the pun.

They have the oem, o/s and office and the like backed up.

They would be much easier to handle.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.