copyfile in subdirectories

dontask

I am current running this command to copy all file with a .nsf extension but I would like it to also get the files with the same extention in the subfolders of the data directory and keep the path when it copies. Is this doable? Also the subfolders are unknown because its different on everyones computer. Thanks

FileCopy("c:\notes\data\*.nsf", "E:\temp\notes\data\")

I am current running this command to copy all file with a .nsf extension but I would like it to also get the files with the same extention in the subfolders of the data directory and keep the path when it copies. Is this doable? Also the subfolders are unknown because its different on everyones computer. Thanks

FileCopy("c:\notes\data\*.nsf", "E:\temp\notes\data\")

use recursion . and copy individual files to ur desired location.

This should get you started. This copies the files to their respective folders, aka Syncing

#include <FileListToArrayRecursive.au3>
$Array = _FileListToArrayRecursive("c:\notes\data", "*.nsf", 1, 1)
If $Array[0] = 0 Then Exit
_ArrayDisplay($Array)
For $i = 1 to $Array[0]
    FileCopy($Array[$i], StringRegExpReplace($Array[$i], "c:\\notes\\data", "E:\\temp\\notes\\data", 9))
Next
Just do a search on the Forum for "FileListToArrayRecursive.au3" if you don't have it

This should get you started. This copies the files to their respective folders, aka Syncing

$Array = _FileListToArrayRecursive("c:\notes\data", "*.nsf", 1, 1)
If $Array[0] = 0 Then Exit
_ArrayDisplay($Array)
For $i = 1 to $Array[0]
    FileCopy($Array[$i], StringRegExpReplace($Array[$i], "c:\\notes\\data", "E:\\temp\\notes\\data", 9))
Next
Just do a search on the Forum for "FileListToArrayRecursive.au3" if you don't have it

OK thanks Ill give it a try.

Just copy this and save as FileListToArrayRecursive.au3 and make sure it is in your #Include path before compiling

#include-once
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Au3Check_Parameters= -d -w 1 -w 2 -w 3 -w 4 -w 5 -w 6

;===============================================================================
;
; Description:      lists all files and folders in a specified path
; Syntax:           _FileListToArrayRecursive($S_Path, $s_Filter = "*", $I_Flag = 0)
; Parameter(s):     $s_Path = Path to generate filelist for
;                   $s_Filter = The filter to use. Search the Autoit3 manual for the word "WildCards" For details
;                   $i_Flag = determines whether to return file or folders or both
;                       $i_Flag=0(Default) Return both files and folders
;                       $i_Flag=1 Return files Only
;                       $i_Flag=2 Return Folders Only
;                   $i_Recurse = Indicate whether recursion to subfolders required
;                       $i_Recurse=0(Default) No recursion to subfolders
;                       $i_Recurse=1 recursion to subfolders
;                   $i_BaseDir = Indicate whether base directory name included in returned elements
;                       $i_BaseDir=0 base directory name not included
;                       $i_BaseDir=1 (Default) base directory name included
;                   $s_Exclude= The Exclude filter to use.  "WildCards" For details
;
; Requirement(s):   None
; Return Value(s):  On Success - Returns an array containing the list of files and folders in the specified path
;                        On Failure - Returns the an empty string "" if no files are found and sets @Error on errors
;                       @Error=1 Path not found or invalid
;                       @Error=2 Invalid $s_Filter
;                       @Error=3 Invalid $i_Flag
;                 @Error=4 No File(s) Found
;
; Author(s):        randallc <randallc@Ozemail.com.au>; modified from SolidSnake and big_Daddy and SmoKE_N and GEOsoft!
; Note(s):          The array returned is one-dimensional and is made up as follows:
;                   $Array[0] = Number of Files\Folders returned
;                   $array[1] = 1st File\Folder
;                   $array[2] = 2nd File\Folder
;                   $array[3] = 3rd File\Folder
;                   $array[n] = nth File\Folder
;
;===============================================================================
Func _FileListToArrayRecursive($sPath, $sFilter = "*", $iFlag = 0, $iRecurse = 1, $iBaseDir = 1, $Sexclude = '', $i_Deleteduplicate = 1)

;Declare local variables
    Local $sFileString, $AsList[1], $sep = "|", $sFileString1, $sFilter1 = $sFilter;$hSearch, $sFile,

;Set default filter to wildcard
    If $sFilter = -1 Or $sFilter == "" Or $sFilter = Default Then $sFilter = "*"

;Strip trailing slash from search path
    If StringRight($sPath, 1) == "\" Then $sPath = StringTrimRight($sPath, 1)

;Ensure search path exists
    If Not FileExists($sPath) Then Return SetError(1, 1, "")

;Return error if special characters are found in filter
    If (StringInStr($sFilter, "\")) Or (StringInStr($sFilter, "/")) Or (StringInStr($sFilter, ":")) Or (StringInStr($sFilter, ">")) Or (StringInStr($sFilter, "<")) Or (StringStripWS($sFilter, 8) = "") Then Return SetError(2, 2, "")

;Only allow 0,1,2 for flag options
    If Not ($iFlag = 0 Or $iFlag = 1 Or $iFlag = 2) Then Return SetError(3, 3, "");~     $sFilter = StringReplace("*" & $sFilter & "*", "**", "*")

;Determine seperator character
    If StringInStr($sFilter, ';') Then $sep = ";" ;$sFilter &= ';'
    If StringInStr($sFilter, ',') Then $sep = "," ;$sFilter &= ';'

;Append pipe to file filter if no semi-colons and pipe symbols are found
    $sFilter &= $sep

;Declare local variables, Implode file filter
    Local $aFilterSplit = StringSplit(StringStripWS($sFilter, 8), $sep), $sHoldSplit, $arFolders[2] = [$sPath, ""];~     $Cw = ConsoleWrite("UBound($aFilterSplit) =" & UBound($aFilterSplit) & @Lf)

If $Sexclude <> "" Then $Sexclude = "(?i)(^" & StringReplace(StringReplace(StringReplace($Sexclude, ".", "\."), "*", ".*"), "?", ".") & "$)" ;change the filters to RegExp filters

;If recursion is desired, build an array of all sub-folders in search path (eliminates the need to run a conditional statement against FileAttrib)
    If $iRecurse Then;$cw = ConsoleWrite("UBound($aFilterSplit) =" & UBound($aFilterSplit) & @LF)

;if folders only,  build string ($sFileString1) of foldernames within search path, recursion and exclusion options are passed from main function
        If $iFlag = 2 Then _FileListToArrayRecursiveFolders1($sPath, $sFileString1, "*", $iRecurse, $Sexclude)

;if not folders only,  Build string ($sFileString1) of foldernames within search path, recursion (not exclusion, as would exclude some folders from subsequent filesearch) options are passed from main function
        If $iFlag <> 2 And StringTrimRight($sFilter, 1) <> "*" And StringTrimRight($sFilter, 1) <> "*.*" Then
            _FileListToArrayRecursiveFolders1($sPath, $sFileString1, "*", $iRecurse, "")

;Implode folder string
            $arFolders = StringSplit(StringTrimRight($sFileString1, 1), "*")

;Store search path in first element
            $arFolders[0] = $sPath
        EndIf
    EndIf
    If $iFlag <> 2 And (StringTrimRight($sFilter, 1) == "*" Or StringTrimRight($sFilter, 1) == "*.*") And $iRecurse Then
        If $iFlag = 1 Then
            _FileListToArrayRecursiveRecFiles1($sPath, $sFileString, "*")
        ElseIf $iFlag = 0 Then
            _FileListToArrayRecursiveRecAll1($sPath, $sFileString, "*")
        EndIf
    Else;If ($iFlag <> 2) then

;Loop through folder array
        For $iCF = 0 To UBound($arFolders) - 1;    $cw = ConsoleWrite("$iCF=" & $iCF & " $arFolders[$iCF]    =" & @LF & $arFolders[$iCF] & @LF)

;Verify folder name isn't just whitespace
            If StringStripWS($arFolders[$iCF], 8) = '' Then ContinueLoop

;Loop through file filters
            For $iCC = 1 To UBound($aFilterSplit) - 1

;Verify file filter isn't just whitespace
                If StringStripWS($aFilterSplit[$iCC], 8) = '' Then ContinueLoop

;Append asterisk to file filter if a period is leading
                If StringLeft($aFilterSplit[$iCC], 1) == "." Then $aFilterSplit[$iCC] = "*" & $aFilterSplit[$iCC] ;, "**", "*")

;Replace multiple asterisks in file filter
                $sFilter = StringReplace("*" & $sFilter & "*", "**", "*")
                Select; options for not recursing; quicker than filtering after for single directory

;Below needs work, _FileListToArrayRecursiveBrief1a and _FileListToArrayRecursiveBrief2a
                    ;should be consolidated with an option passed for the files / folders flag [says Ultima -but slower?]

;Fastest, Not $iRecurse with with files and folders(? was written files only; just Not $iBaseDir), not recursed
                    Case Not $iRecurse And Not $iFlag And Not $iBaseDir
                        _FileListToArrayRecursiveBrief2a($arFolders[$iCF], $sFileString, $aFilterSplit[$iCC], $Sexclude)

;Not $iRecurse and  And $iBaseDir ;fast, with files and folders, not recursed
                    Case Not $iFlag
                        _FileListToArrayRecursiveBrief1a($arFolders[$iCF], $sFileString, $aFilterSplit[$iCC], $Sexclude)

;Fast, with files only,  not recursed
                    Case $iFlag = 1
                        _FileListToArrayRecursiveFiles1($arFolders[$iCF], $sFileString, $aFilterSplit[$iCC], $Sexclude)

;Folders only , not recursed
                    Case Not $iRecurse And $iFlag = 2
                        _FileListToArrayRecursiveFolders1($arFolders[$iCF], $sFileString, $aFilterSplit[$iCC], $iRecurse, $Sexclude)
                EndSelect;$cw = ConsoleWrite("$iCC=" & $iCC & " $sFileString    =" & @LF & $sFileString & @LF)

;Append pipe symbol and current file filter onto $sHoldSplit ???????
                If $iCF = 0 Then $sHoldSplit &= $sep & $aFilterSplit[$iCC]; $cw = ConsoleWrite("$iCC=" & $iCC & " $sFileString    =" & @LF & $sFileString & @LF)
            Next

;Replace multiple asterisks
            If $iCF = 0 Then $sFilter = StringReplace(StringTrimLeft($sHoldSplit, 1), "**", "*");,$cw = ConsoleWrite("$iCC=" & $iCC & " $sFilter    =" & @LF & $sFilter & @LF)
        Next
    EndIf
    ;Below needs work....

;If recursive, folders-only, and filter ins't a wildcard
    If $iRecurse And ($iFlag = 2) And StringTrimRight($sFilter, 1) <> "*" And StringTrimRight($sFilter, 1) <> "*.*" And Not StringInStr($sFilter, "**") Then ; filter folders -------------------

;Trim trailing character
        $sFileString1 = StringTrimRight(StringReplace($sFileString1, "*", @LF), 1)

;Change the filters to RegExp filters
        $sFilter1 = StringReplace(StringReplace(StringReplace($sFilter1, ".", "\."), "*", ".*"), "?", ".")
        Local $Pattern = '(?m)(^(?i)' & $sFilter1 & '$)' ;, $cw = ConsoleWrite("$sFilter    =" & @LF & $sFilter1 & @LF), $cw = ConsoleWrite("$pattern    =" & @LF & $pattern & @LF)
        $AsList = StringRegExp($sFileString1, $Pattern, 3)

;If only relative file / folder names are desired
        If (Not $iBaseDir) Then

; past ARRAY.AU3 DEPENDENCY
            $sFileString1 = _ArrayToString1($AsList, "*")
            $sFileString1 = StringReplace($sFileString1, $sPath & "\", "", 0, 2)
            $AsList = StringSplit($sFileString1, "*")
        EndIf
    ElseIf $iRecurse And ($iFlag = 2) Then
        $sFileString = StringStripCR($sFileString1)
    EndIf;If UBound($asList) > 1 Then ConsoleWrite("$asList[1]     =" & @LF & $asList[1] & @LF);~

;past ARRAY.AU3 DEPENDENCY
    If IsArray($AsList) And UBound($AsList) > 0 And $AsList[0] <> "" And Not IsNumber($AsList[0]) Then _ArrayInsert1($AsList, 0, UBound($AsList))
    If IsArray($AsList) And UBound($AsList) > 1 And $AsList[0] <> "" Then Return $AsList
    If (Not $iBaseDir) Or (Not $iRecurse And Not $iFlag And Not $iBaseDir) Then $sFileString = StringReplace($sFileString, $sPath & "\", "", 0, 2)
    Local $arReturn = StringSplit(StringTrimRight($sFileString, 1), "*");~     local $A=ConsoleWrite("$sFileString :"&@lf&StringReplace($sFileString,"|",@Crlf)&@lf),$Timerstamp1=TimerInit()
    If $i_Deleteduplicate And IsArray($arReturn) And UBound($arReturn) > 1 And $arReturn[1] <> "" And Not (UBound($aFilterSplit) = 3 And $aFilterSplit[2] == "") Then _ArrayDeleteDupes1($arReturn);and  $arFolders[1]<>""
    Return $arReturn;~     Return StringSplit(StringTrimRight($sFileString, 1), "*")
EndFunc   ;==>_FileListToArrayRecursive
;
; Description:  _ArrayDeleteDupes1; deletes duplicates in an Array 1D
; Syntax:           _ArrayDeleteDupes1(ByRef $ar_Array)
; Parameter(s):     $ar_Array = 1d Array
; Return Value(s):  On Success - Returns asorted array with no duplicates
;                        On Failure -
;                       @Error=1 P
;                       @Error=2
;
; Author(s):        randallc
Func _ArrayDeleteDupes1(ByRef $arrItems)
    If @OSTYPE = "WIN32_WINDOWS" Then Return 0
    Local $i = 0, $ObjDictionary = ObjCreate("Scripting.Dictionary")
    For $StrItem In $arrItems
        If Not $ObjDictionary.Exists($StrItem) Then
            $ObjDictionary.Add($StrItem, $StrItem)
        EndIf
    Next
    ReDim $arrItems[$ObjDictionary.Count]
    For $strKey In $ObjDictionary.Keys
        $arrItems[$i] = $strKey
        $i += 1
    Next
    $arrItems[0] = $ObjDictionary.Count - 1
    Return 1
EndFunc   ;==>_ArrayDeleteDupes1
;
; Description:      Helper  self-calling func for  _FileListToArrayRecursive wrapper; lists all  folders in a specified path
; Syntax:           _FileListToArrayRecursiveFolders1($s_PathF, ByRef $s_FileStringF, $s_FilterF,  $i_RecurseF)
; Parameter(s):     $s_PathF = Path to generate filelist for
;                   $s_FileStringF = The string for lists all folders only in a specified path
;                   $s_FilterF = The filter to use. Search the Autoit3 manual for the word "WildCards" For details
;                   $i_RecurseF = Indicate whether recursion to subfolders required
;                       $i_RecurseF=0(Default) No recursion to subfolders
;                       $i_RecurseF=1 recursion to subfolders
;                   $sExcludeF= The Exclude filter to use.  "WildCards" For details
; Return Value(s):  On Success - Returns an array containing the list of files and folders in the specified path
;                        On Failure - Returns the an empty string "" if no files are found and sets @Error on errors
;                       @Error=3 Invalid $i_Flag
;
; Author(s):        randallc; modified from SolidSnake, SmoKe_N, GEOsoft and big_daddy
Func _FileListToArrayRecursiveFolders1($sPathF, ByRef $sFileStringF, $sFilterF, $iRecurseF, $sExcludeF = "")
    Local $hSearch = FileFindFirstFile($sPathF & "\" & $sFilterF), $sPathF2, $sFileF
    If $hSearch = -1 Then Return SetError(4, 4, "")
    If $sExcludeF == "" Then
        While 1
            $sFileF = FileFindNextFile($hSearch)
            If @error Then ExitLoop

$sPathF2 = $sPathF & "\" & $sFileF
            If StringInStr(FileGetAttrib($sPathF2), "D") Then ;directories only wanted; and  the attrib shows is  directory
                $sFileStringF &= $sPathF2 & "*" ;this writes the filename to the delimited string with * as delimiter
                If $iRecurseF = 1 Then _FileListToArrayRecursiveFolders1($sPathF2, $sFileStringF, $sFilterF, $iRecurseF)
            EndIf
        WEnd
    Else
        While 1
            If @error Then ExitLoop

$sPathF2 = $sPathF & "\" & $sFileF; if folders only and this pattern matches exclude pattern, no further list or subdir
            If StringRegExp($sPathF2, $sExcludeF) Then ContinueLoop
            If StringInStr(FileGetAttrib($sPathF2), "D") Then ;directories only wanted; and  the attrib shows is  directory
                $sFileStringF &= $sPathF2 & "*" ;this writes the filename to the delimited string with * as delimiter with * as delimiter
                If $iRecurseF = 1 Then _FileListToArrayRecursiveFolders1($sPathF2, $sFileStringF, $sFilterF, $iRecurseF, $sExcludeF)
            EndIf
        WEnd
    EndIf
    FileClose($hSearch)
EndFunc   ;==>_FileListToArrayRecursiveFolders1
Func RecursiveFileSearchC($startDir, $rFSpattern = "*", $Exclude = "", $Depth = 0)
;~  If StringRight($startDir, 1) <> "\"  Then $startDir &= "\"
    If StringRight($startDir, 1) == "\" Then $startDir = StringTrimRight($startDir, 1)

If $Depth = 0 Then
        ;change filters to RegExp filters
        If $rFSpattern <> "" Then $rFSpattern = "(?i)(^" & StringReplace(StringReplace(StringReplace($rFSpattern, ".", "\."), "*", ".*"), "?", ".") & "$)" ;change the filters to RegExp filters
        If $Exclude <> "" Then $Exclude = "(?i)(^" & StringReplace(StringReplace(StringReplace($Exclude, ".", "\."), "*", ".*"), "?", ".") & "$)" ;change the filters to RegExp filters

;Get count of all files in subfolders
        Local $RFSfilecount = DirGetSize($startDir, 1)
        Global $RFSarray[$RFSfilecount[1] + 1]
    EndIf

Local $search = FileFindFirstFile($startDir & "\*.*")
    If @error Then Return

;Search through all files and folders in directory
    While 1
        Local $Next = FileFindNextFile($search)
        If @error Then ExitLoop

;If folder, recurse
        If StringInStr(FileGetAttrib($startDir & "\" & $Next), "D") Then
            RecursiveFileSearchC($startDir & "\" & $Next, $rFSpattern, $Exclude, $Depth + 1)
        Else
            If StringRegExp($Next, $rFSpattern, 0) And Not StringRegExp($Next, $Exclude, 0) Then
                ;Append filename to array
                $RFSarray[$RFSarray[0] + 1] = $startDir & "\" & $Next

;Increment filecount
                $RFSarray[0] += 1
            EndIf
        EndIf
    WEnd
    FileClose($search)

If $Depth = 0 Then
        ReDim $RFSarray[$RFSarray[0] + 1]
        Return $RFSarray
    EndIf
EndFunc   ;==>RecursiveFileSearchC
;
; Description:      Helper  func for  _FileListToArrayRecursive wrapper; lists all files in a specified path
; Syntax:           _FileListToArrayRecursiveFiles1($s_PathF, ByRef $s_FileStringF, $s_FilterF) ;quick as not recursive
;                   $s_FileStringF = The string for lists all files and folders in a specified path
;                   $s_FilterF = The filter to use. Search the Autoit3 manual for the word "WildCards" For details
;                   $sExcludeF= The Exclude filter to use.  "WildCards" For details
;
; Author(s):        randallc; modified from SolidSnake, SmoKe_N, GEOsoft and big_daddy
Func _FileListToArrayRecursiveFiles1($sPathF, ByRef $sFileStringF, $sFilterF, $sExcludeF = "")
    Local $hSearch = FileFindFirstFile($sPathF & "\" & $sFilterF), $sPathF2, $sFileF
    If $sExcludeF == "" Then
        While 1
            If @error Then ExitLoop

$sPathF2 = $sPathF & "\" & $sFileF;directories not wanted; and  the attrib shows not  directory
            If Not StringInStr(FileGetAttrib($sPathF2), "D") Then
                $sFileStringF &= $sPathF2 & "*" ;this writes the filename to the delimited string with * as delimiter
            EndIf
        WEnd
    Else
        While 1
            If @error Then ExitLoop

$sPathF2 = $sPathF & "\" & $sFileF;directories not wanted; and  the attrib shows not  directory; and filename [only]  does not match exclude
            If Not StringInStr(FileGetAttrib($sPathF2), "D") _
                    And Not StringRegExp($sFileF, $sExcludeF) Then $sFileStringF &= $sPathF2 & "*" ;this writes the filename to the delimited string with * as delimiter
        WEnd
    EndIf
    FileClose($hSearch)
EndFunc   ;==>_FileListToArrayRecursiveFiles1
;
; Description:      Helper  self-calling func for  _FileListToArrayRecursive wrapper; lists all files and folders in a specified path, recursive
; Syntax:           _FileListToArrayRecursiveRecFiles1($s_PathF, ByRef $s_FileStringF, $s_FilterF) ; recursive
;                   $s_FileStringF = The string for lists all files and folders in a specified path
;
Func _FileListToArrayRecursiveRecAll1($sPathF, ByRef $sFileStringF, $sFilterF, $sExcludeF = "")
    If $sExcludeF == "" Then
        While 1
            If @error Then ExitLoop

If StringInStr(FileGetAttrib($sPathF2), "D") Then _FileListToArrayRecursiveRecAll1($sPathF2, $sFileStringF, $sFilterF);, $iFlagF, $iRecurseF)
        WEnd
    Else
        While 1
            If @error Then ExitLoop

If StringInStr(FileGetAttrib($sPathF2), "D") Then
                $sFileStringF &= $sPathF2 & "*" ;this writes the directoryname
                _FileListToArrayRecursiveRecAll1($sPathF2, $sFileStringF, $sFilterF, $sExcludeF);, $iFlagF, $iRecurseF)
            Else ;if not directory, check Exclude match
                If Not StringRegExp($sFileF, $sExcludeF) Then $sFileStringF &= $sPathF2 & "*" ;this writes the filename to the delimited string with * as delimiter
            EndIf
        WEnd
    EndIf
    FileClose($hSearch)
EndFunc   ;==>_FileListToArrayRecursiveRecAll1
;
; Description:      Helper  self-calling func for  _FileListToArrayRecursive wrapper; lists all files  in a specified path, recursive
; Syntax:           _FileListToArrayRecursiveRecFiles1($s_PathF, ByRef $s_FileStringF, $s_FilterF) ; recursive
;
Func _FileListToArrayRecursiveRecFiles1($sPathF, ByRef $sFileStringF, $sFilterF, $sExcludeF = "")
    If $sExcludeF == "" Then
        While 1
            If @error Then ExitLoop

_FileListToArrayRecursiveRecFiles1($sPathF2, $sFileStringF, $sFilterF);, $iFlagF, $iRecurseF)
            Else
            EndIf
        WEnd
    Else
        While 1
            If @error Then ExitLoop

_FileListToArrayRecursiveRecFiles1($sPathF2, $sFileStringF, $sFilterF, $sExcludeF);, $iFlagF, $iRecurseF)
            Else
                If Not StringRegExp($sFileF, $sExcludeF) Then $sFileStringF &= $sPathF2 & "*" ;this writes the filename to the delimited string with * as delimiter
            EndIf
        WEnd
    EndIf
    FileClose($hSearch)
EndFunc   ;==>_FileListToArrayRecursiveRecFiles1
;
; Description:      Helper  func for  _FileListToArrayRecursive wrapper; ;Fastest, Not $iRecurse with with files and folders(? was written files only; just Not $iBaseDir), not recursed
; Syntax:           _FileListToArrayRecursiveBrief2a($s_PathF, ByRef $s_FileStringF, $s_FilterF) ;quick as not recursive
;
Func _FileListToArrayRecursiveBrief2a($sPathF, ByRef $sFileStringF, $sFilterF, $sExcludeF = "")
    Local $hSearch = FileFindFirstFile($sPathF & "\" & $sFilterF), $sFileF
    If $sExcludeF == "" Then
        While 1
            If @error Then ExitLoop

$sFileStringF &= $sFileF & "*" ;this writes the filename to the delimited string with * as delimiter; only time no full path included
        WEnd
    Else
        While 1
            If @error Then ExitLoop

;If not StringRegExp($sFileF,$sExcludeF) then $sFileStringF &= $sPathF2 & "*"
            If Not StringRegExp($sFileF, $sExcludeF) Then $sFileStringF &= $sFileF & "*" ;this writes the filename to the delimited string with * as delimiter; only time no full path included
        WEnd
    EndIf
    FileClose($hSearch)
EndFunc   ;==>_FileListToArrayRecursiveBrief2a
;
; Description:      Helper  func for  _FileListToArrayRecursive wrapper; lists all files and folders in a specified path, not recursive
; Syntax:           _FileListToArrayRecursiveBrief1a($s_PathF, ByRef $s_FileStringF, $s_FilterF) ;quick as not recursive
;
Func _FileListToArrayRecursiveBrief1a($sPathF, ByRef $sFileStringF, $sFilterF, $sExcludeF = "")
    Local $hSearch = FileFindFirstFile($sPathF & "\" & $sFilterF), $sFileF
    If $sExcludeF == "" Then
        While 1
            If @error Then ExitLoop

$sFileStringF &= $sPathF & "\" & $sFileF & "*" ;this writes the filename to the delimited string with * as delimiter [remo]
        WEnd
    Else
        While 1
            If @error Then ExitLoop

If Not StringRegExp($sFileF, $sExcludeF) Then $sFileStringF &= $sPathF & "\" & $sFileF & "*" ;this writes the filename to the delimited string with * as delimiter [remo]
        WEnd
    EndIf
    FileClose($hSearch)
EndFunc   ;==>_FileListToArrayRecursiveBrief1a
Func _ArrayToString1(Const ByRef $AvArray, $sDelim = "|", $iStart = 0, $iEnd = 0)
    If Not IsArray($AvArray) Then Return SetError(1, 0, "")

Local $sResult, $iUBound = UBound($AvArray) - 1

; Bounds checking
    If $iEnd < 1 Or $iEnd > $iUBound Then $iEnd = $iUBound
    If $iStart < 0 Then $iStart = 0
    If $iStart > $iEnd Then Return SetError(2, 0, "")

; Combine
    For $i = $iStart To $iEnd
        $sResult &= $AvArray[$i] & $sDelim
    Next

Return StringTrimRight($sResult, StringLen($sDelim))
EndFunc   ;==>_ArrayToString1
Func _ArrayInsert1(ByRef $AvArray, $iElement, $vValue = "")
    If Not IsArray($AvArray) Then Return SetError(1, 0, 0)

; Add 1 to the array
    Local $iUBound = UBound($AvArray) + 1
    ReDim $AvArray[$iUBound]

; Move all entries over til the specified element
    For $i = $iUBound - 1 To $iElement + 1 Step -1
        $AvArray[$i] = $AvArray[$i - 1]
    Next

; Add the value in the specified element
    $AvArray[$iElement] = $vValue
    Return $iUBound
EndFunc   ;==>_ArrayInsert1

Try this script...the array that is displayed will have the full source file path and the full destination file path

#include <Array.au3>

Local $SourceFolder = "c:\notes\data"
Local $DestinationFolder = "E:\temp\notes\data"

Local $Array = _FileListToArrayRecursive($SourceFolder, "*.nsf", 1, 1)
If Not IsArray($Array) Or Not $Array[1] Then Exit Msgbox(4096, 'No Files Found', 'Cannot Find any Files in ' & $SourceFolder)

Local $CopyArray[$Array[0] + 1][2]
$CopyArray[0][0] = $Array[0]

For $i = 1 to $Array[0]
    $CopyArray[$i][0] = $Array[$i]
    $CopyArray[$i][1] =  StringRegExpReplace($Array[$i], StringReplace($SourceFolder, "\", "\\"), StringReplace($DestinationFolder, "\", "\\"))
Next

_ArrayDisplay($CopyArray) ; 2 Dimensional Array with Source File Path and Destination File Path

For $i = 1 to $CopyArray[0][0]
    FileCopy($CopyArray[$i][0], $CopyArray[$i][1], 9)
Next

Edited by Varian

Have you tried using xcopy instead of AutoIt to do this? Seems like you're reinventing the wheel for very little benefit. Plus there's a lot of things Xcopy can do natively that you'll have to recreate in a script. Just a thought.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

That's about the most massive recursive FLTA I've seen. Doesn't this accomplish the same (with the addition of the returned path type parameter) in only 40 lines and without helper functions or any include dependencies?

; #FUNCTION# ===========================================================================================
; Name:             _FileListToArray_Recursive
; Description:      Recursively lists files and\or folders within the specified path
; Syntax:           _FileListToArray_Recursive([$sPath, [$sFilter, $iRetItemType, $iRetPathType, $bRecursive])
; Parameter(s):     $sPath = Base path of file search
;                   $sFilter = optional: Search filter. Wildcards allowed. (default: "*")
;                   $iRetItemType = Include in search: 0 = Files and Folders, 1 = Files Only, 2 = Folders Only
;                   $iRetPathType = Returned element format: 0 = file/folder name only, 1 = relative path, 2 = full path
;                   $bRecursive = optional: True: search specified path and all subdirectories (default)
;                                           False: search only in specified path
; Requirement(s):   AutoIt Version 3.3.1.1 or newer
; Return Value(s):  1-based array of matches
; Author(s):        Forum thread 96952
; ====================================================================================================
Func _FileListToArray_Recursive($sPath, $sFilter= "*", $iRetItemType = 0, $iRetPathType = 0, $bRecursive = True)
    Local $sRet = "", $sRetPath = ""
    $sPath = StringRegExpReplace($sPath, "[\\/]+\z", "")
    If Not FileExists($sPath) Then Return SetError(1, 1, "")
    If StringRegExp($sFilter, "[\\/ :> <\|]|(?s)\A\s*\z") Then Return SetError(2, 2, "")
    $sPath &= "\|"
    $sOrigPathLen = StringLen($sPath) - 1
    While $sPath
        $sCurrPathLen = StringInStr($sPath, "|") - 1
        $sCurrPath = StringLeft($sPath, $sCurrPathLen)
        $search = FileFindFirstFile($sCurrPath & $sFilter)
        If @error Then
            $sPath = StringTrimLeft($sPath, $sCurrPathLen + 1)
            ContinueLoop
        EndIf
        Switch $iRetPathType
            Case 1 ; relative path
                $sRetPath = StringTrimLeft($sCurrPath, $sOrigPathLen)
            Case 2 ; full path
                $sRetPath = $sCurrPath
        EndSwitch
        While 1
            $file = FileFindNextFile($search)
            If @error Then ExitLoop
            If ($iRetItemType + @extended = 2) Then ContinueLoop
            $sRet &= $sRetPath & $file & "|"
        WEnd
        FileClose($search)
        If $bRecursive Then
            $hSearch = FileFindFirstFile($sCurrPath & "*")
            While 1
                $file = FileFindNextFile($hSearch)
                If @error Then ExitLoop
                If @extended Then $sPath &= $sCurrPath & $file & "\|"
            WEnd
            FileClose($hSearch)
        EndIf
        $sPath = StringTrimLeft($sPath, $sCurrPathLen + 1)
    WEnd
    If Not $sRet Then Return SetError(4, 4, "")
    Return StringSplit(StringTrimRight($sRet, 1), "|")
EndFunc

Edit: It searches paths recursively, but there is no recursion in the code.

Edited by Spiff59

That's about the most massive recursive FLTA I've seen. Doesn't this accomplish the same (with the addition of the returned path type parameter) in only 40 lines and without helper functions or any include dependencies?

I didn't create the script. It is something that I downloaded from the forum some years back. Search for the original author and give him your critiques.

• 3 months later...

Wouldn't this be simpler? Let the operating system handle the recursion. Of course there's no way to specify the recursion level but I didn't need to for my purposes:

Func _getfilesinsubs($startdir)
    ; this function takes the starting directory as an argument and returns an array
    ;containing all filenames with .csv extensions in the top level and all subdirectories
    Local $process
    Local $list
    Local $n = 1
    Local $num

If Not (StringRight($startdir, 1) = "\") Then $startdir &= "\" ; add a trailing backslash if not provided
    $process = Run(@ComSpec & ' /c dir /b /s "' & $startdir & '*.csv"', "", @SW_MINIMIZE, 2)
    Do
        $list = $list & StdoutRead($process)
    Until @error

$num = StringLen($list) - StringLen(StringStripCR($list)) ;get number of lines by counting carriage returns
    Dim $array[$num + 1] ; + 1 to use the zero element for the size
    $array[0] = $num

For $n = 1 To $num; read each line and put it into the array
        $array[$n] = StringLeft($list, StringInStr($list, @CR) - 1)
        $list = StringTrimLeft($list, StringInStr($list, @CR) + 1)
    Next
Return $array
EndFunc   ;==>_getfilesinsubs

-Dana

Have you tried using xcopy instead of AutoIt to do this? Seems like you're reinventing the wheel for very little benefit. Plus there's a lot of things Xcopy can do natively that you'll have to recreate in a script. Just a thought.

I agree 100%. And I'd like to mention another powerful tool:

Robocopy.exe

Download the "Version XP010". Then you will get nice exit codes. These will tell you exactly, what was going on. (Google: Robocopy exitcodes)

The syntax is extremly easy to sync folders:

$Robo="C:\temp\robocopy.exe"
$Src="C:\My\Source\Folder\"
$Dst="\\server\share\backup\YourPersonalFolder\"
$Match="*.xyz"
$Log=$Src & "Backup.log"
$Params = " /r:0 /w:0 /reg /tee /np /log:" & $log

$Result=runwait($robo & " " & $src & " " & $dst & " " & $match & $Params,$Src,@sw_show)

; do some exit code processing here.

use "robocopy.exe /???|more" to see the help information.

typed remotely on a PC without autoit, so no syntax checking at all :x

Note:

If you take the robocopy.exe version from "robocopyGUI", you will notice, that the exitcodes are NOT provided any more by that version!

Regards, Rudi.

Earth is flat, pigs can fly, and Nuclear Power is SAFE!