some winHTTP requests are not processed

cageman

At the moment i have a php file that gathers data from a specific link and stores it in a database. If i let the php file write every link that needs to be processed it doesn't correspond with the amount of requests made. So i suspect that somehow all these fast requests, which are a few thousand, are not all processed. Does this script keep making new connections or does it use one only? It seems that somehow too many connections are made and not all requests come through. I am just guessing and debugging didn't help me so far.

Here is the part of my code i am talking about. $links is an array with all the links that need to be processed.

func get_data($links)
Local $hOpen, $hConnect, $hRequest

$hOpen = _WinHttpOpen()  
$hConnect = _WinHttpConnect($hOpen, "localhost")     

For $i = 2 to UBound($links)-1 Step 1
sleep(250)
$hRequest=_WinHttpOpenRequest($hConnect, "GET", "/get_data.php?linkid="& $links[$i], "HTTP/1.1",$WINHTTP_NO_REFERER,"*/*")     

if NOT _WinHttpSendRequest($hRequest, $WINHTTP_NO_ADDITIONAL_HEADERS) Then
ConsoleWrite("request not done, error is: " & @error & @CRLF & @CRLF)   
EndIf
Next

_WinHttpCloseHandle($hRequest)     
    _WinHttpCloseHandle($hConnect)     
    _WinHttpCloseHandle($hOpen)   
EndFunc

edit:

i did some more debugging while this thread is up. It seems that suddenly the amount of connection is too much indeed. I get a @error=1 after a lot of connections and then it seems only new connections are made if there is a spot open.

my current new solution is to just try to make the request until it works again with a sleep if a few seconds in between tries. Any other ideas on how to solve this?

Edited by cageman