Trouble with Mouse I/O

I have been playing around in AutoIt, exploring possibilities for task automation (I am a complete beginner, however). I am having trouble dealing with mouse I/O in AutoIt.

If MouseWheel("down") Then
    MouseWheel("down" , 100)
EndIF

Is the code so far, but it doesn't seem to be working as intended. What I was trying to achieve with this is simply a function that detects a mousewheel down click and returns X additional mousewheel down clicks. I am familiar with the Send() function for use with keystrokes, but I assumed that the MouseWheel() function didn't need to be expressed within a Send().

Additionally, what methods are there of going implementing auxiliary mouse buttons such as foward and back side buttons as well as mousewheel left/right clicks? I know of the Left/Right click, and Mwheel Up/Down/Click functions, but is it limited to these?

Any help greatly appreciated.

I have been playing around in AutoIt, exploring possibilities for task automation (I am a complete beginner, however). I am having trouble dealing with mouse I/O in AutoIt.

If MouseWheel("down") Then
    MouseWheel("down" , 100)
EndIF

Is the code so far, but it doesn't seem to be working as intended. What I was trying to achieve with this is simply a function that detects a mousewheel down click and returns X additional mousewheel down clicks. I am familiar with the Send() function for use with keystrokes, but I assumed that the MouseWheel() function didn't need to be expressed within a Send().

Additionally, what methods are there of going implementing auxiliary mouse buttons such as foward and back side buttons as well as mousewheel left/right clicks? I know of the Left/Right click, and Mwheel Up/Down/Click functions, but is it limited to these?

Any help greatly appreciated.

See _ispressed function for detect pressing middle mouse button, for start...Posted Image

AutoIt 3.3.14.2 X86 - SciTE 3.6.0WIN 8.1 X64 - Other Example Scripts