Tabbing controls in a Child window

Realm

I found a post that shared an example of how to tab through controls in a child window by adding Extended Style '$WS_EX_CONTROLPARENT' to the Child, however, I have scrollbars attached to the child window as well, and it moves the window rather than scrolls, Is there any other way to tab through controls on a child window or a way to lock the child window in place while using Extended Style '$WS_EX_CONTROLPARENT'?

#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <GUIScrollBars_Ex.au3>

$mainGUI=GUICreate("Parent GUI",1000,800)

$childGUI1 = GUICreate("Child GUI", 455, 210, 41, 60, $WS_CHILD, $WS_EX_CONTROLPARENT+$WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE, $mainGUI)
$first=GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("1st Checkbox",10,10)
$second=GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("2nd Checkbox",10,30)
$third=GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("3rd Checkbox",10,50)
GUISetState()
GUISwitch($mainGUI)
GUISetState()
_GUIScrollbars_Generate($childGUI1, 980, 940)

Do
    $msg = GUIGetMsg()
Until $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
Edited by Realm

My Contributions: Unix Timestamp: Calculate Unix time, or seconds since Epoch, accounting for your local timezone and daylight savings time. RegEdit Jumper: A Small & Simple interface based on Yashied's Reg Jumper Function, for searching Hives in your registry. 

*Bump*

Is there anyway to allow tabbing controls in a child window with scrollbars attached?

My Contributions: Unix Timestamp: Calculate Unix time, or seconds since Epoch, accounting for your local timezone and daylight savings time. RegEdit Jumper: A Small & Simple interface based on Yashied's Reg Jumper Function, for searching Hives in your registry. 

• Moderators

Realm,

If you look at this thread, you will see that this problem has been raised before. No-one seems to know why $WS_EX_CONTROLPARENT does this - I did a fair amount of research for the other thread and turned up nothing useful. :)

But I can say that it is nothing to do with my ScrollBars_Ex UDF. ;)

Sorry not to be of more help.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Thanks for the reply Melba23,

I was sure, it had something to do with $WS_EX_CONTROLPARENT, I tested with your scrollbars, and with the default scrollbars giving me same results.

Well, guess I will have to rewrite my code ;)

Thanks again for the reply and showing me the other topic, I never ran accross that one, in my forums searches over the past 2 days

Realm