Log Creator

Syed23

Hi Friends,

I am new to this Auto it and i would like to create a script which will check the basic functionalities of the application at the same time it should create the automatic log files of the step which ever happens the scripts. is that possible? can some one help me on this?

Thank you,Regards,[font="Garamond"][size="4"]K.Syed Ibrahim.[/size][/font]

filewrite

READ THE HELPFILE before posting please.

legoman

I have read most of the help files and i found a function too _FilewriteLog(). but here my problem is this is not helping me much i expected. it should generate the log file automatically. do we have any function for that ?

Syed Ibrahim

Edited by syedibrahim87

umm what exactly are you trying to log...?

i would like to create a script which will check the basic functionalities of the application at the same time it should create the automatic log files of the step which ever happens the scripts

so you mean you want to write to the log file after every function? if so then just add the _FileWriteLog to your functions...

In the future please be a bit more detailed. And as for checking the basic functionalities of a program I am assuming you mean one made in AutoIT. This is not to hard, however that is totaly dependant on the coding. Namely return values and @error...

My advice is start small.. make gui's, explore the forums, and slowly things start to click. Then after your scripts grow then return and odds are you will know enough to add checks and file logging to your scripts.

umm what exactly are you trying to log...?

so you mean you want to write to the log file after every function? if so then just add the _FileWriteLog to your functions...

In the future please be a bit more detailed. And as for checking the basic functionalities of a program I am assuming you mean one made in AutoIT. This is not to hard, however that is totaly dependant on the coding. Namely return values and @error...

My advice is start small.. make gui's, explore the forums, and slowly things start to click. Then after your scripts grow then return and odds are you will know enough to add checks and file logging to your scripts.

Hi Guys,

Sorry for the above. Actually i am writing the script to test the funtions of the application(like., Excel, word,etc.,_ by using the key stroke function like Send(), Winwait. By using this funtcions i am checking the applications funtcions like ( Open, add comment, Save, close.,. etv.,) when we do this there may be a chance of getting error message from the application. If we have some automatic log creator which will read the happenings and gui's we can findout the error some time easily. so i am digging myself too findout.. but i am not sure ;)

Thanks for the Idea,

Sure i will start writing small scripts.

Hi Guys,

Sorry for the above. Actually i am writing the script to test the funtions of the application(like., Excel, word,etc.,_ by using the key stroke function like Send(), Winwait. By using this funtcions i am checking the applications funtcions like ( Open, add comment, Save, close.,. etv.,) when we do this there may be a chance of getting error message from the application. If we have some automatic log creator which will read the happenings and gui's we can findout the error some time easily. so i am digging myself too findout.. but i am not sure Posted Image

Thanks for the Idea,

Sure i will start writing small scripts.

Does any one can still help me out on this ?

I do not think what you are asking is possible. There might be a way to get some information, but AutoIT is a scripting language not a debugger and therefore you might want to look into those applications for issues with errors.

Unless you wrote your script to automate the functions you are talking about then you could get more info.

If I am wrong - please correct me.

All by me:

"Sometimes you have to go back to where you started, to get to where you want to go." 

"Everybody catches up with everyone, eventually" 

"As you teach others, you are really teaching yourself."

From my dad

"Do not worry about yesterday, as the only thing that you can control is tomorrow."

WindowsError.gif

WIKI | Tabs; | Arrays; | Strings | Wiki Arrays | How to ask a Question | Forum Search | FAQ | Tutorials | Original FAQ | ONLINE HELP | UDF's Wiki | AutoIt PDF

AutoIt Snippets | Multple Guis | Interrupting a running function | Another Send

StringRegExp | StringRegExp Help | RegEXTester | REG TUTOR | Reg TUTOT 2

AutoItSetOption | Macros | AutoIt Snippets | Wrapper | Autoit  Docs

SCITE | SciteJump | BB | MyTopics | Programming | UDFs | AutoIt 123 | UDFs Form | UDF

Learning to script | Tutorials | Documentation | IE.AU3 | Games? | FreeSoftware | Path_Online | Core Language

Programming Tips

Excel Changes

ControlHover.UDF

GDI_Plus

Draw_On_Screen

GDI Basics

GDI_More_Basics

GDI Rotate

GDI Graph

GDI  CheckExistingItems

GDI Trajectory

Replace $ghGDIPDll with $__g_hGDIPDll

DLL 101?

Array via Object

GDI Swimlane

GDI Plus French 101 Site

GDI Examples UEZ

GDI Basic Clock

GDI Detection

Ternary operator

I do not think what you are asking is possible. There might be a way to get some information, but AutoIT is a scripting language not a debugger and therefore you might want to look into those applications for issues with errors.

Unless you wrote your script to automate the functions you are talking about then you could get more info.

If I am wrong - please correct me.

Thank you nitekram. i got it what you said. ;)