[Solved] Turn screen on after Automatic System-wakeup Event

apstanto

I've based my script off of the code found here. The powersave/resume works except I'm having a little trouble with Windows XP (more info).

But what I want to solve right now is how to turn on my screen when the computer resumes. I see this in Windows XP. I realize when you set an Automatic System-wakeup Event, it does not turn the display on. So I tried this Monitor On/Off help and it fairly well on it's own with the hot-keys. But the monitor on functionality doesn't seem to work after a standby or hibernate.

Any ideas of how to get the monitor back on?

Edit: Marked as [solved]

Edited by apstanto

So I tried this Monitor On/Off help and it fairly well on it's own with the hot-keys. But the monitor on functionality doesn't seem to work after a standby or hibernate.

Can't you just call the _Monitor_ON function in that script?

- Bruce /*somdcomputerguy */  If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

Finally I was able to solve this! :) I'm really excited! So here's what I found: according to Microsoft's System Wake-up Events, "When the system wakes automatically, the display is not automatically turned on." I was able to figure out how to get the screen on after a resume. The function below will do it.

#cs *********************************************************************************************************
Function Name:  _Monitor_ON
Author:         apstanto 

Description:    Turns the monitor on after a System Wake-up Event and broadcast of PBT_APMRESUMEAUTOMATIC

Input:          None

Return:         Success: @error = 0. 
                Failure: set @error  
                             @error: 1 unable to use the DLL file, 
                                     2 unknown "return type", 
                                     3 "function" not found in the DLL file, 
                                     4 bad number of parameters. 

#ce *********************************************************************************************************
Func _Monitor_ON()

$ES_DISPLAY_REQUIRED = 2

DllCall("Kernel32.dll", "long", "SetThreadExecutionState", "long", $ES_DISPLAY_REQUIRED)

EndFunc

I hope this works for you too! ;)

• 9 months later...

Finally I was able to solve this! :alien: I'm really excited! So here's what I found: according to Microsoft's System Wake-up Events, "When the system wakes automatically, the display is not automatically turned on." I was able to figure out how to get the screen on after a resume. The function below will do it.

#cs *********************************************************************************************************

Description:    Turns the monitor on after a System Wake-up Event and broadcast of PBT_APMRESUMEAUTOMATIC

2 unknown "return type", 

#ce *********************************************************************************************************
Func _Monitor_ON()

$ES_DISPLAY_REQUIRED = 2

DllCall("Kernel32.dll", "long", "SetThreadExecutionState", "long", $ES_DISPLAY_REQUIRED)

EndFunc

This works for me...Thank you... :ph34r:

Now I can't figure out how to get the screensaver to go away, I have tried mousemove but it's probably moved in the background. Is there no way to simulate a hardware mouse or keyboard move?

I have some unattended distribution at night, the problem is it requires a reboot after the distribution. If the Monitor is off and the screensaver is active(duh) the reboot will be stalled. When a user moves the mouse or press a key on the keyboard the shutdown is triggered.

With your help, I'm so close... :huh2:

• 1 year later...

Finally I was able to solve this! :) I'm really excited! So here's what I found: according to Microsoft's System Wake-up Events, "When the system wakes automatically, the display is not automatically turned on." I was able to figure out how to get the screen on after a resume. The function below will do it.

2 unknown "return type",

Func _Monitor_ON()

$ES_DISPLAY_REQUIRED = 2

EndFunc

it worked for me too! laptop, desktop (xp and win 7)

great job!

thanks

• 11 months later...
  • 3 years later...