Accept license agreement

ucmerrill

Gentlemen,

I'm writing my first Autoit script and have a question. I send Enter key to install a driver, then the next screen that appear is to accept the license agreement.

The dafault is "I DO NOT accept license agreement"(radio button is checked by default)

I need to select the "I accept license agreement" ( radio button is not checked and is above the "I do not accept license agreement" radio button)

I manually tested by tabbing then up on the keyboard wich did not work.

I basically tried every keyboard combination to no avail.

My question is, what steps do I need to take to select the UPPER radio button? or can I assume if it can't be done by keyboard it cannot be done via Autoit code?

ANY help or clarifications will be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

ucmerrill

Edited by ucmerrill

Gentlemen,

Thanks for the response/Welcome. I'm still not clear what exactly to do. My code is very simple. Line 4 is the issue. It will not allow me to select the radio button. I need to select the "UP" radio button. What steps would you recommend that I take ? Remember I am unable to do it via keyboard. So do think that autoit would have an issue as well? Can someone send me the exact code to select the "UP" radio button.

BlockInput(1)

Run("c:\windows\drivers\T5500\V\2\setup.exe", "", @SW_MAXIMIZE)

Sleep (1000)

Send("{ALTDOWN}{TAB}{ALTUP}") ' I tired tab, alt tab,up arrow and many other keyboard shortcut to accept the license agreement to no avail

BlockInput(0)

Edited by ucmerrill

Can someone send me the exact code to select the "UP" radio button.

Not likely, but you can alsmost certainly do it with ControlCommand() as wakillon suggested.

The parameters needed for ControlCommand() can be retrieved with the au3info tool as somdcomputerguy suggested.

The tool can be found in the tools menu from scite if you installed the scite4autoit package. If you didn't install scite4autoit, I believe you can find the au3info tool in the AutoIt installation directory.

Does the Accept radio button have any characters in its text that are underlined when you press the ALT key? Normally that might be something like this "I Accept the license agreement". If it does, does pressing Alt + A select that radio button? Then the Next or Ok button can be pressed by sending the ALT + <whatever key> to "press" that key as well.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Personal opinion: When it comes to "license agreement's" windows ... all bets are off. Assuming they should act as any other normal windows is logical, but prone to being wrong.

"Straight_and_Crooked_Thinking" : A "classic guide to ferreting out untruths, half-truths, and other distortions of facts in political and social discussions."
"The Secrets of Quantum Physics" : New and excellent 2 part documentary on Quantum Physics by Jim Al-Khalili. (Dec 2014)

"Believing what you know ain't so" ...

Knock Knock ...

Hi All,

Here is my code. For some reason its not accepting the license agreement.

;BlockInput(1)

Run("C:\windows\Drivers\T5500\V\3\Setup.exe", "", @SW_MAXIMIZE)

WinWaitActive("Barco Product Installation Wizard")

Send("{Enter}")

Sleep (20000)

Send("!{TAB}") ; DOES NOT ACCEPT THE UPPER RADIO BUTTON

Send("{Enter}")

;BlockInput(0)

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks

license.bmp

if nothing working then maybe you can get the position of current window using WinGetPos() and then use MouseClick() for clicking the Radio button.

i have no idea about the GUI which you are working on, you just posted a screen shot.

Please post a direct link to drivers which your are trying to install automatically using AutoIt.

Send the tab and then Send("{SPACE}").

The better method is still to use the window info tool and get the control Id's and work with those instead of the simple Send()function.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

click, click and click, it's nice but not sure !

Why not try silent parameters ?

In googleling i have found quickly that Barco use often the same switche !

Try

RunWait ( @ScriptDir & '\Setup.exe -silent' )

and send feedback...Posted Image

Silent installs have become somewhat treacherous. I used them all the time untill the fools started including a bunch of toolbars etc. that are installed by default. Unless I amm 100% certain that those will never be used in the installer, I won't use silent installs any longer.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

click, click and click, it's nice but not sure !

Why not try silent parameters ?

In googleling i have found quickly that Barco use often the same switche !

Try

RunWait ( @ScriptDir & '\Setup.exe -silent' )

and send feedback...Posted Image

Hi Thanks for the response and the time to even look up the switch. I did try setup.exe -silent but to no avail.

Hi Thanks for the response and the time to even look up the switch. I did try setup.exe -silent but to no avail.

Different installers use different switches. If you know what the installer is then you can look up the switch for a silent install.

Try these as well

/s

/q

and don't forget to try

setup /s/v/qn

George

Different installers use different switches. If you know what the installer is then you can look up the switch for a silent install.

Try these as well

/s

/q

and don't forget to try

setup /s/v/qn

Hi, Thanks for the reply. I did try

/s and -s

/q and qn and qb as well as setup /s/v/qn to no avail.