Proper Tools For PixelSearch

ArmandoXS

$i=0
HOTKeySet("{SPACE}","HOTKEY")
HOTKeySet("{ESC}","Exit")
WHILe $i=0
    $Coord=MouseGetPos()
    $var = PixelGetColor( $Coord[0] , $Coord[1] )
Wend 
Func HOTKEY()
    MsgBox(0,"The hex color is", Hex($var, 6))
EndFunc 
Func Exit()
    Exit
EndFunc
Well I'm Making A Program based on the PixelSearch() Function, My Issue right now is getting the proper Hex values for my program, I have made a tool for this purpose but im not sure if it is correct

If someone has a correction, or completly different code for getting the colors I need please respond ;)

Edited by DarkDragon

Oh cool, what game are you trying to bot?

For My Own Convience I'm making a program which can Launch, and Close, Other Programs, example; Internet Explorer, Steam, System Disk Defragmenter, Disk Clean up, etc. With only a few Hot keys or simple keystrokes, I need to master Pixel Search for finding icons and other buttons on my desktop or toolbar, especially if the icons were to move [Cuz I Do It All The Time(Even More When A Game Screws Up My Reselution :( )], furthermore sometimes (I Dont Know Why) I have Issues using the Command Run...

For My Own Convience I'm making a program which can Launch, and Close, Other Programs, example; Internet Explorer, Steam, System Disk Defragmenter, Disk Clean up, etc. With only a few Hot keys or simple keystrokes, I need to master Pixel Search for finding icons and other buttons on my desktop or toolbar, especially if the icons were to move [Cuz I Do It All The Time(Even More When A Game Screws Up My Reselution :( )], furthermore sometimes (I Dont Know Why) I have Issues using the Command Run...

hunting through icons on your desktop is the worst way to accomplish your stated goal. post some code where Run is working inconsistently for you and you'll probably get some help

@jaberwocky6669; I think you really should apologize to that poor child in your avatar first.

Then I will chime in to agree with cameronsdad that the pixel searching is a poor method at best. I have never found any use for it. Windows shortcut keys can do many of the things you listed. So many users of AutoIt (not just the game botting crowd) seem to think with the mouse because your generation is so dependent on the "point and click".

Send("{LWIN}I{Enter}") ;Should open the internet if your IE is listed in the start menu listing. 
Run ("iexplore.exe") ;This method is simple and direct.

Not everyone's icons will be located in the same place. You would be further ahead to make a routine that scans and catalogs the location and function of all the desktop icons. The people taking the time to learn this scripting language (regardless of their reasons) need to learn to think with the keyboard and ignore the flaky mouse and pixel search functions. Jaber and other users are just so used to seeing new users trying to use pixel search to bot games, which is also a poor way to accomplish that task as well.

Whatever your goal take time to think about how your task works without the mouse. Think outside the box.

Yeah, I shouldn't be so heartless. I apologize to all offended.

no worries man, i wasn't offended, and i promise my immediate reaction was not meant to sound as if i was, i just get confused when people go out of their way to try to catch someone, when just not helping if they're suspicious accomplishes the same goal and saves everyone's time including yours. now it's time to make a cd for the drive to work in the morning and crash out... i think sublime said it best, "Some folks say that smoking herb is a crime..."

Thanks for the advise, I was just wanting have my program layed out in a format like this, if this doesnt work , try this> if THIS doesnt work, try this too > An If this doesnt work, scream at the scripter with an error that doesnt make since.

I'll also give up on the idea of using pixelsearch considering not many people use it, and since im guessing not everyone exactly knows how it works or how to properly use it

Thanks for the advise, I was just wanting have my program layed out in a format like this, if this doesnt work , try this> if THIS doesnt work, try this too > An If this doesnt work, scream at the scripter with an error that doesnt make since.

I'll also give up on the idea of using pixelsearch considering not many people use it, and since im guessing not everyone exactly knows how it works or how to properly use it

the usage of the function is pretty straightforward and outlined thoroughly in the help file; but it still doesn't make it a good idea for this purpose. You can use Run to launch your program, and evaluate the @error or extended return values to see why it didn't work if it didn't, and respond accordingly, with or without cryptic screaming at the user at your discretion.