AutoIt3 Portable

guinness

If I'm honest I didn't think anyone was using this application.

Well I just started. ;)

I used the other one but I messed it up and haven't worried about fixiing it.

But it was annoying not having AutoIT to create a quick script on-site. :

Any way I have yours now. :)

One thing that would be nice is to sync it with my desktop settings. So I have all the includes, SciTe settings etc.

Some of it I can do myself (includes are easy) but it would be nice if it were integrated. :D

Thanks for the great addtion to my toolbox (Yep it's the name of USB stick I use on-site. :D)

John Morrison

Thanks. What code do you have for syncing your setup?

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Thanks. What code do you have for syncing your setup?

Not much I'm afraid. The other portable version I was using (sorry can't remember where it came from) I had to copy the whole AutoIT folder from the computer to the USB. I simply used a Batch file and Robocopy to sync it when I made a change to the computer.

I've got a few ideas but nothing concrete and I have NO idea about SciTe settings. ;)

Not much I'm afraid. The other portable version I was using (sorry can't remember where it came from) I had to copy the whole AutoIT folder from the computer to the USB. I simply used a Batch file and Robocopy to sync it when I made a change to the computer.

I've got a few ideas but nothing concrete and I have NO idea about SciTe settings. ;)

OK. I could add it but if I'm honest it is something pretty specific to your needs and you're a smart guy to do it yourself. I hope you can appreciate that I would rather spend my time adding features that the majority would use, instead of creating code solely for your. Though I am more than happy to work with you in building the function, if you need help of course. Thanks.

SciTE Settings: - Just do a search in C:Program FilesAutoItSciTE for their location.

SciTEGlobal.properties

SciTEUser.properties

au3.properties

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Here's how to retrieve the AutoIt installation folder:

ConsoleWrite(_GetAutoItInstall() & @CRLF)

Func _GetAutoItInstall()
    Local $aWow6432Node[2] = ['', 'Wow6432Node'], $aFiles[4] = [3, @ProgramFilesDir, EnvGet("PROGRAMFILES"), EnvGet("PROGRAMFILES(X86)")]
    Local $sFilePath = RegRead('HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWARE' & $aWow6432Node[@AutoItX64] & 'AutoIt v3AutoIt', 'InstallDir')
    If @error Then
        For $A = 1 To $aFiles[0]
            $aFiles[$A] &= 'AutoIt'
            If FileExists($aFiles[$A]) Then
                Return $aFiles[$A]
            EndIf
        Next
        Return SetError(1, 0, '')
    Else
        Return $sFilePath
    EndIf
EndFunc   ;==>_GetAutoItInstall

UDF List:

By the way you can use AutoIt Portable Install if you want to temporarily install AutoIt.

UDF List:

Hello Guinness, again intuitively I later realised: re-run Autoit Creator! (With any new release files.) Being a beginner/dabbler I really would like to use Portable Autoit exclusively. Personally, right now, I see no reason otherwise. Self-contained with any files, scripts, projects etc I may have in a "work in progress" folder within my "Portable Autoit" folder on a usb stick..... Many thanks.

P.S. I would like to vote I like it but am unable to do so (it seems I have used up my quota for the day when I try (I voted recently?))

Also, does anybody know why I have warn status against my account? I f I select it it is blank?

The warn status is there by default, the reason it's blank is because you've been a good user so far. Also with voting if you select the appropriate star it should work, I don't know if there is an imposed limit on how many times you can vote per day. Thanks for the kind gesture of voting.

UDF List:

I would like to vote I like it but am unable to do so (it seems I have used up my quota for the day when I try (I voted recently?))

Also, does anybody know why I have warn status against my account? I f I select it it is blank?

When you've been banned your warn status will look like this...

Posted Image

I've been banned like 2.

And up until then, I'd also wonder why

I had a warn status on my account.

But then I noticed that it's actually a progress bar and that I'm just one ban away from a permanent vacation.

Edited by ApudAngelorum

• Moderators

isjones,

Warning level: guinness and ApudAngelorum have explained it perfectly. Only you and the Mods can see your warning level - of course we can see all of them as we are the ones who set them. ;)

Liking:

I don't know if there is an imposed limit on how many times you can vote per day

I believe Jon set a limit on the various "voting" selections after someone went rogue in a previous forum setup and started "unliking" all the posts of certain forum members. So it does not surprise me that you have run into a limit, particularly with so few posts to your name. Try again tomorrow. :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

storme,

Do you use WinAPIEx.au3 by Yashied OR have the latest AutoIt Beta? If you do then this is how you get the AutoIt path from where SciTE is running.

Note: SciTE must be running.

#include <WinAPIEx.au3>

ConsoleWrite(_GetAutoItInstallFromSciTE() & @CRLF)

; Retrieve the AutoIt installation path from the SciTE process.
Func _GetAutoItInstallFromSciTE()
    Local $sRelativePath = '..', $sWorkingDir = @WorkingDir
    FileChangeDir( _WinAPI_PathRemoveFileSpec(_WinAPI_GetProcessFileName(ProcessExists("SciTE.exe"))))
    $sRelativePath = _WinAPI_GetFullPathName($sRelativePath)
    FileChangeDir($sWorkingDir)
    Return _WinAPI_PathRemoveBackslash($sRelativePath)
EndFunc   ;==>_GetAutoItInstallFromSciTE

UDF List:

Aye, OK. Correct me if I am wrong (a permanent vacation I do not fancy!), but I don't remember voting for anybody at all...? I rarely login. I lookin' regularly. Adding Guinness's portability of Autoit to my (any IT guys) arsenal I think is a valid consideration. (Would someone vote on my behalf please?)

Thanks again Guinness.

Flattery will get you everywhere ;)

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

OK. I could add it but if I'm honest it is something pretty specific to your needs and you're a smart guy to do it yourself.

Yep I'll put something together to sync up the files.

With your portable version is there anything in the "APP" directory that is different from a normal install?

I don't want to accidently overwrite/delete something that will break the protable version.

I hope you can appreciate that I would rather spend my time adding features that the majority would use, instead of creating code solely for your.

I'd never ask for anyone to add code to a project like this just for me!!!!

I thought that many using the portable version on-site would want the same environment (includes, SciTe settings, etc) that they have on their desktop back in the office. That is why I suggested it.

(eg I write a script using oulookex.au3 included (on the desktop) from the includes directory, get out on-site have to recompile using the protable version but don't have oulookex.au3 in the includes folder on the portable.)

Though I am more than happy to work with you in building the function, if you need help of course. Thanks.

Thanks!

SciTE Settings: - Just do a search in C:\Program Files\AutoIt\SciTE for their location.

SciTEGlobal.properties

SciTEUser.properties

au3.properties

I'll have a look through them. I have edited them from time to time but never to any great extent.

To start with I may just copy the latest version of the config files over the older version (with user check)....

Does your portable version add anything with these files to make them protable?

I just had a look through one of them and it may not be a simple thing to sync the main and portable if there are sections that have to be different on each.

Anyway at the moment the few changes I have on the main can be manually added to the portable. So there isn't a big need for me just yet. ;)

BUT I do have 2 computers (I'm in the process or upgrading) with AutoIT installed and this one is up-to-date the other isn't so a sync tool would come in handy.... Hmm maybe this has jumped up a few steps. :)

Keep up the great work!

John Morrison

The only difference between the App folder and C:Program FilesAutoIt is...nothing the folders are exactly the same.

What makes SciTE Portable is not configuring any files, but setting the environment variable SciTE_HOME to the Portable SciTE folder, look for EnvSet in the Portable Au3 script. If you want to try it, delete the contents of the App folder and then copy the contents of C:Program FilesAutoIt into the App folder and voila. Though you must have the SciTE4AutoIt3 package on the local machine, as I don't know if the SciTE Lite works portably.

If the installed version of SciTE is running, use this to copy the includes to your Portable folder. Place the script in the same location as AutoIt3.exe and AutoIt Creator.

#include <WinAPIEx.au3>

DirCopy(_GetAutoItIncludesFromSciTE(), @ScriptDir & 'AppInclude')

; Retrieve the AutoIt includes path from the SciTE process.
Func _GetAutoItIncludesFromSciTE()
    Local $sRelativePath = '..Include', $sWorkingDir = @WorkingDir
    FileChangeDir( _WinAPI_PathRemoveFileSpec(_WinAPI_GetProcessFileName(ProcessExists('SciTE.exe'))))
    $sRelativePath = _WinAPI_GetFullPathName($sRelativePath)
    FileChangeDir($sWorkingDir)
    Return _WinAPI_PathRemoveBackslash($sRelativePath)
EndFunc   ;==>_GetAutoItIncludesFromSciTE
Edited by guinness

UDF List:

Coming tomorrow a new UI, creation process and storme's suggestion. If you have any ideas now is the time mention it.

UDF List:

Hi Guinness

Sorry I missed the previous message :)

I'll keep a closer eye on this thread this time.

It's a shame the "follow this topic" doesn't work. :D

I'm eager to see what the new one has. ;)

Thank you!

John Morrison

I'm eager to see what the new one has. ;)

So am I, just about to start now, shouldn't take me too long.

UDF List:

Good things comes to those who wait, so I will need a couple of more days. Thanks.

UDF List:

Very nice application!!

My department is being "transitioned" in the next couple of months and I recently found out that I would not be allowed to install any "unauthorized/external" applications on my new laptop.

We are, however, able to run/use applications if they are run from an encrypted USB drive. (small loophole ;) )

I just downloaded/installed your AutoIt3 Portable and everything is working out just fine!

Still running through some of my testing, just to make sure I don't run into any problems, but everything is just fine so far!

Thank you for this life saver!

If you try to fail and succeed which have you done?AutoIt Forum Search