AutoIt3 Portable

guinness

Great. Just wait for the next version I have coming soon.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Looking forward to it!

Been messing around with this some more and didn't notice, anywhere in this thread, a mention on how to get "OrganizeIncludes" to work in this Portable version. "Thank you" to Xenobiologist for the "OrganizeIncludes"!!

(If it was already mentioned and I simply missed it, excuse my entry here...)

I had to do a little tinkering around with the settings, but was able to get it to work properly for me.

Since my USB has been the F:\ on all workstations I've tested this on, I had to make some "hard coded" changes:

Here's what I had to do, so I figured I would share in case it could possibly help someone else out.

SciTEUser.properties:

command.36.*.au3="f:\AutoItPortable\App\AutoIt3.exe" "f:\AutoItPortable\App\SciTE\OrganizeIncludes\OI_1.0.0.50.au3" "$(FilePath)"

OI_1.0.0.50.au3: only 5 slight modifications (I don't use Beta, at the moment, so those entries will be modified later)

; Global Variables
Global $InstallPath = "F:\AutoItPortable\App";RegRead($RegKey & 'AutoIt v3\AutoIt', 'InstallDir')
Global $InstallVersion = FileGetVersion($InstallPath & "\AutoIt3.exe");RegRead($RegKey & 'AutoIt v3\AutoIt', 'Version')
Global $betaInstallPath = "";RegRead($RegKey & 'AutoIt v3\AutoIt', 'betaInstallDir')
Global $betaInstallVersion = "";RegRead($RegKey & 'AutoIt v3\AutoIt', 'betaVersion')

; Inside the function: "_prepareINI"
Local $regValue = "F:\AutoItPortable\App\Include" ;RegRead('HKCU\Software\AutoIt v3\Autoit', 'Include')

Everything else is still working smoothly!

Thanks,

If you try to fail and succeed which have you done?AutoIt Forum Search

Country73,

Look at how the other entires are structured. They use $(SciteDefaultHome) or relative paths. This might work...

command.36.*.au3="$(SciteDefaultHome)..AutoIt3.exe" "$(SciteDefaultHome)OrganizeIncludesOI_1.0.0.50.au3" "$(FilePath)"

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

You're welcome.

UDF List:

• 2 weeks later...

I was having issues with my copy of AutoIt when on my flash drive, I couldn't get the SciteConfig to write the sciteuser.properties file to the correct place, it would always put it in the C:Users<myusername> folder, and it couldn't find the au3.properties in the right place. So, I took a look at the SciteConfig.au3 file to see what I could do to make it work for me when using it on a portable drive and came up with this version.

To make it work you'll also need to alter a line in the au3.properties file, which frankly should have been this way from the start IMHO. In the code box below is actually several lines surrounding the line that needs to be changed, just so that you're sure you're in the right place, in my copy of the file it's line 158 of au3.properties that I changed, not sure if I have changed anything in there previously or not, so look for the code block I've put below and you should be good.

# 14 JdeB's SciTeConfig
command.14.*="$(SciteDefaultHome)SciteConfigSciteConfig.exe" /Autoit3Dir "$(autoit3dir)"
command.name.14.*=SciTe Config

ADD /Autoit3Dir "$(autoit3dir)" to the line that starts with command.14, there's a command line switch in SciteConfig that reads that; and sets the AutoIt3 directory variable in the script so it doesn't have to do a lot of looking for it.

I had to change/add maybe 6 lines or so in SciTEConfig.au3 to get this to work for me. I've included links to the compiled (I had to give it a .exe.txt extension to get the link to work, just rename it to.exe) and source files for SciteConfig.

SciteConfig.exe

SciteConfig Source

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

About the Resources.au3, I haven't included it because I figured that those who would look at the source code would have a pretty good understanding of how to use AutoIt & I personally don't feel it's fair that I re-distribute another persons work, hence why the images aren't imcluded in the source.zip as well. Another reason is I don't know if Zedna would be happy that I released his code under GPLv3!

I have no problem with using/modifiing my UDFs posted on this forum (for example Resources UDF) in any form.

If you mention my name I will be happy but it's not requirement.

So feel free to use it as you need/want ...

It doesn't work for me on Windows7 64bit Czech.

When I run "AutoIt Creator.exe" then window "Welcome to AutoIt Creator" appears with progressbar at position of approx. 10%

and nothing goes on. I must manually kill this window (after few minutes). In App folder is only empty folder "SciTE" and file "Add AutoIt.txt".

Thanks Zedna for the translation, as well as being happy for me to include Resource.au3.

About your problem this will be fixed in the next release coming this weekend.

UDF List:

Thanks BrewManNH, I will add to the first post.

UDF List:

• 4 weeks later...

With the new version of SciTE4AutoIt3 just released I will have an update that takes into consideration the new changes made in the latest version.

UDF List:

• 3 months later...

I will be releasing an update in the next couple of days. The important improvements and features are as follows:

• Re-write of the AutoIt Creator application, which has now been integrated into the main startup GUI instead.
  • Custom UDFs should now been highlighted, as moving the files to _UserData didn't seem to work, so a workaround was required.
  • Updating SciTE or AutoIt (when a new release comes out) will ensure all files are backed up before overwriting.
  • Improved speed of starting SciTE and interacting with the SciTE Director.

UDF List:

• 5 months later...

Well finally managed to re-visit my work from the summer and will be ironing out a few problems I've introduced as part of the re-write. Hopefully I will upload on the weekend.

UDF List:

Finally!

I've updated AutoIt Portable to v2.0.0.0 with a major re-write of the automatic creation application (AutoIt Creator) which wouldn't work in certain situations.

See first post for the download link.

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

• 4 months later...

Hi.  Just having some troubles using this.  I moved the AutoItCreator.exe, the self extracting autoit and the scite4au3 stuff onto a thumb drive.  Then I ran autoitcreator exe.  This created a folder named AutoIt Creator.  Then I ran the AutoItCreator within that folder.  I then dropped the exes for the autoit and scite4au3 and waited until it was finished.  Then I ran SciTE and opened an au3 file and pressed f5.  The error message is this: "Unable to determine the location of the AutoIt3 program directory!"  How exactly do I use this?

I only use the script that starts SciTE with the proper environment variable, and just copied the zipped versions of AutoIt and Scite4AutoIt3 into the App folder. It's been working for me. I haven't needed the AutoItCreator part doing it that way.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Hi.  Just having some troubles using this.  I moved the AutoItCreator.exe, the self extracting autoit and the scite4au3 stuff onto a thumb drive.  Then I ran autoitcreator exe.  This created a folder named AutoIt Creator.  Then I ran the AutoItCreator within that folder.  I then dropped the exes for the autoit and scite4au3 and waited until it was finished.  Then I ran SciTE and opened an au3 file and pressed f5.  The error message is this: "Unable to determine the location of the AutoIt3 program directory!"  How exactly do I use this

All you need to do is extract the ZIP, open AutoItCreator and drop the ZIP and self-extracting AutoIt file. Check the Readme.txt for the manual approach as well.

UDF List:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guiness!

Thanks for this nice job!

It's fully functional if installed on most directories, however I found a problem when trying to install it on a folder which name contains specials characters (like "é, ï, â, ù", etc...) => SciTE run but it can't find the properties files.

For example, my name is Mikaël, so it doesn't work as expected if I run it from "C:UsersMikaël"...

It seems to be a SciTE problem, so you probably can't do anything for that, but it'll be nice to warn about that in your readme file for those like me who have a name with accents!  :idiot:

Thanks!