Internet Explorer_Server1

Hi,

I want to know how to access fields like Dropdowns,Text boxes under a Pane called Metadata in the Laserfiche Imaging System.

Below is the detail I grabbed from Window Info tool. Please let me know if you need any more information.

I am trying to write a script that can select values from drop-downs, enter values into text boxes based on a key combination provided by users.

Thank you,

Srikanth

>>>> Window <<<<

Title: 5863246879 - Laserfiche

Class: LFDocFrame

Position: -8, -8

Size: 1296, 1010

Style: 0x17CFC000

ExStyle: 0x00000100

Handle: 0x0000000000112AD2

>>>> Control <<<<

Class: Internet Explorer_Server

Instance: 1

ClassnameNN: Internet Explorer_Server1

Name:

Advanced (Class): [CLASS:Internet Explorer_Server; INSTANCE:1]

ID:

Text:

Position: 956, 117

Size: 324, 836

ControlClick Coords: 95, 381

Style: 0x56000000

ExStyle: 0x00000000

Handle: 0x0000000000931A6A

>>>> Mouse <<<<

Position: 1051, 520

Cursor ID: 0

Color: 0xFFFFFF

>>>> StatusBar <<<<

1:

2: DublinLF (ANT\surabhis)

3:

4: Page 1 of 4

>>>> ToolsBar <<<<

>>>> Visible Text <<<<

xtpBarTop

Toolbar

Menu

xtpBarBottom

xtpBarLeft

xtpBarRight

Splitter

Splitter

>>>> Hidden Text <<<<

This page contains no text,

but text may be added.

Link New Version

Import New Version

Remove Version

Add/Modify Comments on Version

Create Link

Remove Link

&Create Tag...

It's just an embedded instance of IE. You can use _IEAttach() with the "embedded" option to get a reference to it and then use all the _IE* UDF functions, like _IEFormElementSetValue(). See help file.

;)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

It's just an embedded instance of IE. You can use _IEAttach() with the "embedded" option to get a reference to it and then use all the _IE* UDF functions, like _IEFormElementSetValue(). See help file.

;)

Thank you for quick response :)

I used below code to first get HTML code

#include <IE.au3>

WinActivate("[CLASS:LFDocFrame]")

$oIE = _IEAttach ("Laserfiche", "embedded")

$sHTML = _IEBodyReadHTML ($oIE)

ClipPut($sHTML)

I am pasting part of HTML here

<DIV style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; HEIGHT: 832px" id=FieldDisplayDiv>

<DIV style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #f1f8ff; WIDTH: 100%; WHITE-SPACE: nowrap" id=TemplateFieldsDiv class=FieldSection>

<P class="FieldSectionHeader FieldTemplateTitle">Template: <A id=TemplateSelect class=Option-Heading>Inventory</A></P>

<P style="WIDTH: 100%" id=Header28 class=Required-Option-Name>Status (required)</P>

<TABLE class=FieldValue cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0>

<TBODY>

<TR>

<TD style="WIDTH: 100%; PADDING-RIGHT: 26px"><SELECT style="WIDTH: 100%; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 3px" id=Field28 class=Text contentEditable=true><OPTION selected value=Pending>Pending</OPTION><OPTION value="Work in Progress">Work in Progress</OPTION><OPTION value=Completed>Completed</OPTION></SELECT></TD>

<TD></TD>

<TD></TD>

<TD id=RemoveCell28></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<P style="WIDTH: 100%" id=Header29 class=Option-Name>Incoming - Department</P>

<TBODY>

<TR>

<TD style="WIDTH: 100%"><TEXTAREA style="WIDTH: 100%; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 3px" id=Field29 class="greys disabledText" contentEditable=false rows=3 MaxLength="52"></TEXTAREA></TD>

<TD></TD>

<TD></TD>

<TD id=RemoveCell29></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<P style="WIDTH: 100%" id=Header30 class=Option-Name>Workflow Status - Department</P>

<TBODY>

How can I change values of Workflow Status - Department,Incoming - Department etc? I do not have idea about HTML.

$oForm = _IEFormGetObjByName ($oIE, "Template:")

$oText1 = _IEFormElementGetObjByName ($oForm, "Header1")

$oText2 = _IEFormElementGetValue ($oText1)

MsgBox(0,"Value",$oText2)

I tried to see current value of a field by using above code.But it just popped up zero.

Please let me know if I must study HTML to understand IE functions better..Any other directions will also be helpful. I will study as you direct me

Thank you,

Srikanth

Add _IEErrorHandlerRegister() near the top and run it from SciTE to see the errors in the console pane. Did $oForm actually get a form object? Did $oText1 actually get the element object? Nowhere in the HTML you posted do we see name="Header1", so how could it?

;)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

• 3 weeks later...

Add _IEErrorHandlerRegister() near the top and run it from SciTE to see the errors in the console pane. Did $oForm actually get a form object? Did $oText1 actually get the element object? Nowhere in the HTML you posted do we see name="Header1", so how could it?

;)

Hi PSaltyDS,

Apologies for not responding to your reply immediately.

Seems like I posted wrong piece of code.

I will post correct part soon

Thank you,

Srikanth