Bind Keyboard buttons to mouse clicks

RogFleming

I do play video games, when I not doing other computer related tasks. I play some MMO games online. Many of the programs use extra keys for additional functions like Spell, and some even require a rotation to increase the effectivines of the damage of the spells. We I guess I either lazy or to uncoordinated to effectively do this spell rotations, and manage the mouse movements and pressing the keyboard keys as teh same time. So I figured I break out my favorite It script tool and see what it could do.

I attempted first to use Hotkeys and make up a order to casting spells, we this this was fine and all, it cause me to be stuck in a macro until it completed before I could do something else. SO I then thought what is my greatest challenge, it the seperation of the keyboard and the mouse that was killing me so I decided to use _ispressed and it seem to do the trick, but again I was limite by this macro issue. So I figured it would be better to have each key mapped to a specific mouse key combo to exexcute a specific speel that was mapped to a key in the game. But I wanted it to be customizeable. SO I wrote the following;

This is the base customized ini file that is read by the Autoit script, the values can be modified as needed
The key values are mapped to the specifc [shft]button1 for example this an example of a Blood Death Knight 
with one key [Shift][Left mouse click] for the starting base rotation, then the rest of the keys being mapped seperately.
[Buttons]; you will need to map the spells on the action bars just as you have them labeled here.
Btn1="Icy Touch"
Btn2="Plague Strike"
Btn3="Death Strike"
Btn4="Heart Strike"
Btn5="Death Coil"
Btn6="Blood Tap"
Btn7="Death and Decay"
[Properties]
haste=0

<Removed>
Edited by Valik

• Moderators

Reported.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Do not discuss automating games here. It doesn't matter if the game is a single player game, multi-player game or game you've written yourself, do not discuss the automation of games here. The previous rule about game automation discussions was ambiguous and too many people tried the "but I'll only use it in single player" excuse for games that have single and multiplayer components. No more.

DO NOT DISCUSS GAME AUTOMATION HERE

When did this come out, never had issues before...

Do not discuss automating games here. It doesn't matter if the game is a single player game, multi-player game or game you've written yourself, do not discuss the automation of games here. The previous rule about game automation discussions was ambiguous and too many people tried the "but I'll only use it in single player" excuse for games that have single and multiplayer components. No more.

DO NOT DISCUSS GAME AUTOMATION HERE

When did this come out, never had issues before...

Well you can still use it as effective way to map keystrokes to mouse clicks!

So I alt+tabbed out of WoW where I'm sitting in Dalaran on my Death Knight to read a thread where a user wants to automate the Death Knight DPS rotation. How amusing. I admit that DK's have more abilities in their rotation than most other classes but come on, you know the rotation, what's so hard about hitting the keys yourself?

Anyway, regardless of forum policy on discussion of bots, Battle.net terms strictly forbid this kind of non-sense anyway. Thread locked and a laugh was had by all Death Knights who read this.

Edited by Valik
Minor mistake.