AutoIt Developers.. Please provide a support for Multithread

Dear AutoIt Developers..

Please provide a support for Multithread.

From this forum, I came to know this truth. Lot of people wants Multithread feature.

Lot of people posted threads to simulate Multithread feature using ASM code & DLL features, nothing is effective and not straight forward (those who are excellent in ASM & DLL, they can do).

Most of the languages supports Multithread, but why not AUTOIT ? again the answer is "AUTOIT is not thread safe".

Anyway, the Multithread feature support is required for AUTOIT, otherwise AUTOIT ?.

Edited by rajeshwaran

In my opinion, it takes time to write/rewrite the code and I don't think the developers have time only for that.

..., otherwise AUTOIT will dead soon.

I don't think so! As you stated above, 

... (those who are excellent in ASM & DLL, they can do).

there are also those who don't know neither ASM & DLL & AUTOIT, but use the last because it has great potential and it grows relatively fast.

If you want multithread, try to understand what trancexx, Ascend4nt, monoceres, Prog@ndy and so on and so forth posted in this forum. 

Cheers,

M.I.

if you have searched and read about Multi threading then i don't need to tell you more.

but, i just want to tell that AutoIt is not going to End, Even it can work for years without any updates.

Because many of us think that AutoIt is the best scripting language EVER !!!

The truth is, "Most of the languages are not in use, because of their incapability"

AutoIt also incapability to support Multithread.

If you want multithread, try to understand what trancexx, Ascend4nt, monoceres, Prog@ndy and so on and so forth posted in this forum.

Based on my understanding, none of the other languages supports this kind of indirect multithread feature.

Keep in mind, in future, if any other languages comes with multithread feature + AUTOIT feature then, AUTOIT ? ;) .

Edited by rajeshwaran

rajeshwaran, take the old source of AutoIt and start developing! Personally, I like AutoIt the way it is! 

And I agree, no other scripting language can be compared with AutoIt!!!

M.I.

[EDIT]

THEY HAVE TO RELEASE THE NEW VERSION WITH MULTITHREAD SUPPORT.

You can not force no one to fulfill your wishes, especially if you are incapable to do it your own!!! If you search the forum, you will see that your demand was asked by others. Read the answers!

Edited by taietel

@rajeshwaran: Show us the code you need multithread support for and I'm pretty sure we can tell you how to dp it properly in a single thread. I have yet to see a help and support ticket that can't be sovled without multithreading.

Personally I'd much rather see further development in the COM capabilities, but I certainly wouldn't tell the developers what to do with my BIG THREATNING CAPITAL LETTERS OF DOOM.

If you're so sure that autoIt is a sitting duck that will be dead the moment some kid decides he has some free time to write a free to use scripting language with multithread support, then maibe you should be that kid!

Think of the fame and glory. Not to mention the piles of beautifull women who will love you for it!

"take the old source of AutoIt and start developing!"

click ... click ... click ... click ... click ...

---

lol ... he is persistand ... #1766 (And no, thats not going to help.)

Edited by MvGulik

"Straight_and_Crooked_Thinking" : A "classic guide to ferreting out untruths, half-truths, and other distortions of facts in political and social discussions."
"The Secrets of Quantum Physics" : New and excellent 2 part documentary on Quantum Physics by Jim Al-Khalili. (Dec 2014)

"Believing what you know ain't so" ...

Knock Knock ...

@rajeshwaran

On the first page of the Issue Tracking System you could have found this link ("Things NOT on the ToDo List"). This includes multi-threading!

So please, before creating a feature request read all the available information ;)

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Hey I love AutoIt, I dont want to curse AutoIt.

I JUST WANT TO INFORM THE INCAPABILITY OF AUTOIT TO THE DEVELOPERS.

THEY HAVE TO RELEASE THE NEW VERSION WITH MULTITHREAD SUPPORT.

If you bothered reading past post, you would know MultiThreading is not something that can be just "added". It would involve completely rebuilding AutoIt from scratch. This would involve many months of work from many people who are all volunteers.

Keep on demanding for them to do it. Go ahead. All you will do is piss the developers off.

Edited by MPH

Because you can use AutoIT to start other processes, you can effectively create as many different threads as you need, AND they can all talk back and forth using any number of methods including but not limited to: File IO, Registry, ini's, TCP/UDP, hell even email and the list goes on and on. The functionality is there for those with the moderate amount of creativity needed to implement it, and more than adequately documented here on the forums for those that lack even that. AutoIT is not a dying language, more people pick it up every day for its power and ease of use, and even without updates i'm sure that would be the case as long as it's available. If autoit were ever discontinued, it would be because the because of a conscious decision of the developers, not because of idiots too stupid to make use of the language giving up on it.

P.S. I really hope there'd be an open call for developers to continue the project before that happened and I know there'd be no shortage of capable volunteers even just from the forum community.