How to get handle to the console screen buffer?

E1M1

I have console application made in autoit. But how do I get console's handle?

#Region ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Change2CUI=y
#EndRegion ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****
ConsoleWrite("test")

I want to use console functions from MSDN but I have no idea how to get handle to console created by autoit.

Here's 1 func I want to use.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms686025%28VS.85%29.aspx

edited

I have written a complete library for all the console functions, but haven't written examples or anything...

Read the source code for Au3Int, I use the following function a lot:

Func _Au3Int_Clr()
    Local $hConsole, $aRet

$aRet = DllCall("kernel32.dll", "hwnd", "GetStdHandle", "dword", -11)
    If @error Or (Not IsArray($aRet)) Or ($aRet[0] = -1) Then Return SetError(1, 0, False)
    $hConsole = $aRet[0]

Local $tScreenBufferInfo = DllStructCreate("short X; short Y; short; short; short; short; short; short; short; short; short")

$aRet = DllCall("kernel32.dll", "bool", "GetConsoleScreenBufferInfo", "hwnd", $hConsole, "ptr", DllStructGetPtr($tScreenBufferInfo))
    If @error Or (Not IsArray($aRet)) Or (Not $aRet[0]) Then Return SetError(2, 0, False)

$aRet = DllCall("kernel32.dll", "int", "FillConsoleOutputCharacterW", _
            "handle", $hConsole, _
            "byte", 0x20, _
            "dword", DllStructGetData($tScreenBufferInfo, "X") * DllStructGetData($tScreenBufferInfo, "Y"), _
            "dword", 0, _
            "dword*", 0)
    If @error Or (Not IsArray($aRet)) Or (Not $aRet[0]) Then Return SetError(3, 0, False)

$aRet = DllCall("kernel32.dll", "int", "SetConsoleCursorPosition", "hwnd", $hConsole, "dword", 0)
    If @error Or (Not IsArray($aRet)) Or (Not $aRet[0]) Then Return SetError(4, 0, False)

Return True
EndFunc   ;==>_Au3Int_Clr

I took it from an older version of the source code as in the newer version I updated the code to use functions and look neater. That will clear the console, and set the cursor to the first square.

I'll bge home in an hour, and I'll be able to pm you the full UDF (Maybe you'll be able to write some examples for those particular functions... ;)

Mat

Edit: I should have mentioned exactly what -11 means... It's all in the docs at home and as constants so maybe i'll wait, but there are three handles you can get to the buffer, that is the out one.

Edited by Mat