ElseIf $Action = "Password" Then
        ConsoleWrite("********" & @CRLF)
    ElseIf $Action = "Done" Then
        ConsoleWrite("FirstCommand" & @CRLF)
    EndIf
WEnd

Func _MakeChoice()

EndFunc   ;==>_MakeChoice

In cases where the function returns nothing, the first IF statement is triggered as true... o.0

Is this actually a bug or am I misunderstanding how the engine is suppose to work?

Summery:

The above code should not ConsoleWrite anything, and instead writes "BinaryBrother".

Details:

AutoIt Version: AutoIt V3.3.6.1

Install Dir: Default - same as OS (Nothing funky)

Other: I'm running and compiling from a DropBox synced DIR.

Edited by BinaryBrother

SIGNATURE_0X800007D NOT FOUND

I think you would need to include an Else statement. I'm surprised that it doesn't just crash if you return nothing.

You have:

if (this) then

elseif (this) then

elseif (this) then

but no fallback...

if (this) then

elseif (this) then

elseif (this) then

else...

but i'm still pretty new to AuI so I may be totally wrong haha

Not a bug, but not an uncommon misunderstanding. It is caused by AutoIt using variants instead of being strongly typed.

AutoIt does not know whether $Action is intended to hold a string or a numeric and tried to imply this based on what it sees... your function is retuning a numeric 0, you are then comparing a numeric to a string... in a numeric comparison, a string evaluates as a numeric 0 and thus your first comparison returns True. You need to force the type of comparison that you desire:

If String($Action) = "Username" Then

will work as you expect.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

@Dale

Doh! Posted Image... Thanks Dale. I specifically remember writing a few things a while back that actually relied on the function returning non-zero for errors. 0 for success. I have no idea why I forgot that with no specified return value, custom functions actually return 0.

Gah, this little mishap had me debugging for a half day before I narrowed it down to this loop! lol

@xPloit

Thanks to you as well for pointing that out (the bit about else), I had completely forgot... As far as Guictrlread() I don't even have a GUI so I think you missed something... ;)

Maybe I should give it a few days rest, when any of my scripts get around 600+ lines, I start getting confused... Posted Image

Edited by BinaryBrother

SIGNATURE_0X800007D NOT FOUND