Find line number

tlman12

I have a script that on a certain computer is getting and error variable not declared on line 17088.

i know that my main script only has about 2000 lines so i know this line comes from adding the UDF lines into it.

i was just wondering if there was an easy way on my computer to figure out what exactly would be on the line 17088 without having to install autoit/scite on the computer that is getting the error?

cause i am not getting the error on my computer.

Thank you.

• Moderators

tlman12,

I had the same problem with one of my scripts about 10 minutes ago. ;)

When compiling your script, run Obfuscator using the /STRIPONLY parameter. That way the compiler uses an au3 file which has the include files included, but all unused functions, variables, comments and blank lines removed. It is saved in the same folder as the source and named YourScriptName_Obfuscated.au3. Then when the error occurs, it is easy to see which line gave the fault. ;)

If you do not have Obfucator, you need the full SciTE4AutoIt3 package, which you can download from here. You get lots of other goodies to help coding in Autoit - I have yet to meet anyone who regrets it. :)

M23

P.S. I bet you find that the error is your script and not the UDFs. :P

Edited by Melba23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

alright, i just tried that but for some reason my Script_Obfuscated.au3 is 0kb and has nothing in it?

****EDIT*** never mind i just did it again localy (its on a server share and i know this sometimes causes issues) and it seems to have worked now.

Edited by tlman12

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys

Ive recently come across this problem and had to find a line number. i did a search on the forum and found this thread which is great. I have done what was mentioned previous however everytime i do it the obfuscator file is 0kb. ive done it in the script directory then moved everything direct to c:, downloaded the obfuscator program direct and ran it and still its 0kb. anyone have any ideas?

thanks

Drunken Frat-Boy Monkey Garbage

• Moderators

engjcowi,

Could you let us see the directives you are using to get Obfuscator to run - or the options you put into the Compile dialog if you do it that way. ;)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

• Developers

Hi guys

Ive recently come across this problem and had to find a line number. i did a search on the forum and found this thread which is great. I have done what was mentioned previous however everytime i do it the obfuscator file is 0kb. ive done it in the script directory then moved everything direct to c:, downloaded the obfuscator program direct and ran it and still its 0kb. anyone have any ideas?

thanks

run Obfuscator in SciTE and check the errors or look at the Obfuscator.log to see what is happening.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Moderators

engjcowi,

If you did a standard install you should find the log at "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\Obfuscator\Obfuscator.Log". :)

If you "compile with options", what options do you put in? ;)

M23

Edit: Are you using the "lite" version of SciTE that came with the AutoIt download or the full SciTE4AutoIt3 version?

Edited by Melba23

Spoiler

• Developers

Hi sorry to seem dense. im running obfuscator by compiling with options. cant see any other option to run it. no log file found upon search either. ;)

Start SciTE and Run Obfuscator from it or F7 to compile which will run Obfuscator as well assuming the options are set correctly.

The Obfuscator.log can be found in the Obfuscator directory of the SciTE installation. It contains the result of the last Obfuscator run

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Moderators

Jos,

I am leaving it to you as you seem interested and certainly know more about it. ;)

M23

Spoiler

• Developers

Jos,

I am leaving it to you as you seem interested and certainly know more about it. :)

M23

no problem .... you just type faster and when I hit "add reply" I find you answered too.... ;) Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Hi Guys

I really appreciate all your help so far. I found the log file. The driectives used are

0.00 AutoIt3 Source Obfuscator v1.0.28.7 Copyright © Jos van der Zande Januari 9, 2010

0.00 CommandLine Params$:

0.00 ============================== Reading Source For Directive ======================================================

0.02 Ignore Function: onautoitstart

0.02 Ignore Function: onautoitexit

0.02 Directive Params$:/striponly

0.02 CMD$:/striponly

0.02 /StripOnly

i also tried /striponlyincludes

I can add the full log if needed. its quite lengthy though

Drunken Frat-Boy Monkey Garbage

I have a script that on a certain computer is getting and error variable not declared on line 17088.

Paste anywhere in your code like this (without parameters!):

MsgBox()

Then compile it and run. Look in which line was an error, and move the MsgBox() to another location, in accordance with received information. About 2-5 attempts, you find the line number directly in your code.

• Developers

Have you looked at the log to see if there any any errors?

When you can figure it out yourself then PM me the LOG file and I look when I have time but you will have to be patient in the coming couple of days.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• 5 weeks later...