Computer->properties: how can I read a text from the window?

LibiO

I need the exact string, from window Computer->properties.

What I need is under "System",

It could be:

Pen and Touch: Pen and Touch Input Available with 4 Touch Points

OR

Pen and Touch: No Pen or Touch Input is available for this Display

OR any other string.

The problem is, AutiIt Window Info doesn't see that text.

Example is in the attached file.

Thanks!

post-53266-12850662348973_thumb.png

Keep researching where that info comes from. You can probably get it directly from the registry or with WMI somewhere.

;)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

• 2 weeks later...

Which information? There are MANY topics on this forum about how to tell which CPU type you have, how much memory, etc. And there are the various @OS* macros, just for starters. Take it one piece at a time. Then there are some UDFs in Example Scripts all about collecting computer info of various types for various purposes.

;)

Edited by PsaltyDS
Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Which information? There are MANY topics on this forum about how to tell which CPU type you have, how much memory, etc. And there are the various @OS* macros, just for starters. Take it one piece at a time. Then there are some UDFs in Example Scripts all about collecting computer info of various types for various purposes.

;)

I need only "Pen and Touch:"'s row.

For example:

Pen and Touch: Pen and Touch Input Available with 4 Touch Points

How can I get this?

Thanks!

Not sure if this will work, but worth a try!

Look up the details as you've already described, then do a registry search for those details.

This may show where the info is stored. If so, you can just read that registry key.

It worked when I searched for "HID-compliant mouse"

William

I just built a Win7 machine and looked in the Registry for the Pen and Touch entries. Look in HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Wisp keys and see if you can find what you're looking for in there. It's also under HKCU as well, but the WISP key is where I'd start looking (Windows Inking Services Platform).

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator