DLL Collection Thread

KaFu

Last post processed: #21

Hiho Community,

"A dynamic-link library (DLL) is a module that contains functions and data that can be used by another module (application or DLL)."

The purpose of this thread is to create a link-list to useful 3rd party / non standard DLL and machine code libraries* and their usage in AutoIt with examples or UDF wrappers. I'll just start with what I use and know of. If you've got additions feel free to post them here and I will integrate them into this first posting.

* I decided to add some few pure AutoIt UDFs, as they seem to be powerful enough to be mentioned here ;)...

DLL Collection Thread

01. - AutoIt

02. - Compression & Encryption

03. - Data & Document Management

• Artificial Neural Network UDF

Using the Fannfloat (Fast Artificial Neural Network) library

• Bayesian Networks UDF

Create a graphical model of a system or problem and get intelligent results from it, making predictions, inferences, or assumptions based on available evidence, formulas, and probabilities.

• EzMySql UDF

Use MySql Databases with autoit MySql in Autoit with Syntax similar to SQLite UDF (for a more comprehensive MySql UDF see MySQL UDF)

• MySQL UDF

Without ODBC, uses libmysql.dll

• SQLite

Accessing SQLite databases from Autoit, Standard UDF

• XML DOM wrapper (COM)

COM XML wrapper for DOM

04. - File System & Processing

• Active Directory UDF

Functions for accessing and manipulating Microsoft Active Directory

• TrIDLib

Identify file types from their binary signatures

05. - Graphics

06. - GUI

07. - Hardware

08. - Internet

09. - Media

10. - Output

Edited by KaFu

First because I didn't knew that one ;), second this one is just about external DLLs :) and last but not least I hope for some more input by the community to make this a shared & living thread and not a static wiki page nobody knows of ;) by bumping it from time to time. There's some good input on that page to consider, thanks for the heads up!

In addition to 7zip there is also UnRar, also from rasim. Between them and any internal windows stuff you have most of the common archive formats.

Rasim also did zip32, but I don't think that's necessary since 7zip covers it + more.

An entry for graphics: here.

I think this is also worth considering as a little note, since it would make using dll's a lot easier in programs etc. when having a standalone program is important.

Maybe add BASSMOD? It's only around 34% the size of BASS (33,5 KB vs 97,5 KB on the dlls), so if all you want is to play some tracker music it could be worth it.

;)

Edit:(note that the au3 from post #25 is needed for proper usage, rasims is bugged)

Edited by AdmiralAlkex

Do not forget EzMySQL and MySQL ;)

Edit: Oh, and WinInet is there, too. Also you could add WinAPIEx, since this UDF uses standard windows DLLs ;)

You see, many extra UDFs use DLL functions, so it is difficult to separate between DLL and nonn-DLL.

Edit2: There is also Hunspell for AutoIt :)

Edit3: Also using DLLs: AutoItObject, RMChart and TaskDialog

Edited by ProgAndy

*GERMAN* [note: you are not allowed to remove author / modified info from my UDFs]My UDFs:[_SetImageBinaryToCtrl] [_TaskDialog] [AutoItObject] [Animated GIF (GDI+)] [ClipPut for Image] [FreeImage] [GDI32 UDFs] [GDIPlus Progressbar] [Hotkey-Selector] [Multiline Inputbox] [MySQL without ODBC] [RichEdit UDFs] [SpeechAPI Example] [WinHTTP]UDFs included in AutoIt: FTP_Ex (as FTPEx), _WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes

Nice idea (and list), KaFu ;)

Isn't Tesseract graphics rather than docs?

Moved :)...

You see, many extra UDFs use DLL functions, so it is difficult to separate between DLL and nonn-DLL.

You're right, where to start and where to stop ;)? I also added ward's machinecode / ASM UDFs for hashing because I consider them so powerful. I'll stick to that criteria and added WinAPIEx too. Better a few more then missing some! Thanks for your input Andy ;) ...

Nice idea (and list), KaFu :shocked:

Thanks, I missed a list like this from day one on, so I decided to just make it myself :)...

Nice idea, but why a new thread for this instead of keeping this up to date?

... I give up - it's really becoming a useful list I'll have to consider in the future (and indeed - Wiki seems not to be very popular) ;)

Also not a .dll, but useful in the past and yet not mentioned: eltorro's XML DOM wrapper (has also a project page).

Just a suggestion: What about also adding a section for some useful dev tools (e.g. trancexx's ResHacker), so this becomes a general place for research around development ressources?

And: can we have this thread as a sticky?

... I give up - it's really becoming a useful list I'll have to consider in the future (and indeed - Wiki seems not to be very popular) :)

Glad I could convince you :shocked:. Added your links, thanks for posting them :) ...

Thanks for those ;)...

@all:

What do you think about packing each UDF (AutoIt examples + UDF + Dlls + Link to parent post) into a single zip-archive and alternative dl-links here as a backup of the original source and I'll host those on my site (let's see what "unlimited bandwidth really means")?. Quite some work... and I would be glad if someone would jump in to help ;)...

Edited by KaFu

You did not add WinInet yet: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=77503

The mirror is not a bad idea, but you have to take care of updates.

Edited by ProgAndy

*GERMAN* [note: you are not allowed to remove author / modified info from my UDFs]My UDFs:[_SetImageBinaryToCtrl] [_TaskDialog] [AutoItObject] [Animated GIF (GDI+)] [ClipPut for Image] [FreeImage] [GDI32 UDFs] [GDIPlus Progressbar] [Hotkey-Selector] [Multiline Inputbox] [MySQL without ODBC] [RichEdit UDFs] [SpeechAPI Example] [WinHTTP]UDFs included in AutoIt: FTP_Ex (as FTPEx), _WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes

Nice collection developing here.

STICKY maybe?

Make sure brain is in gear before opening mouth!
Remember, what is not said, can be just as important as what is said.

Spoiler

What is the Secret Key? Life is like a Donut

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
Ignoring those who try to divert conversation with irrelevancies.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.
I'm only big and bad, to those who have an over-active imagination.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

Added ;)...

The mirror is not a bad idea, but you have to take care of updates.

If we could do it as a community project I'll take care of processing the updates posted to the thread, bundle & host them... IF the rest of the community makes me aware of updates in this threads and bundles the updates to a single Zip file, then I'll take care of the rest :)...

Nice thread, very usefull.

But dont make it a sticky just yet, it needs to be in motion until it dies itself, THEN it should be stuck.

Stuck threads often get's overlooked, so please wait till it's done. ;)

Some guy's script + some other guy's script = my script!