While 1: what does it mean?

scriptstopper,

First, Welcome to the AutoIt Forums ;)

While is looking for a 'True' Statement, and will loop eternally until the statement is no longer True. You can use any statement for While to check, as long as it can give a True or False Return.

While PixelChecksum($x,$y,$w,$h)=0 ;will continue looping until the the pixel region is no longer black
While StringInStr($text,"Running") ;will continue looping until the the $text no longer contains 'Running' in it
While $var1=$var2 ;will continue to loop until one of those variables differ from the other

So Using the statement '1' as in (While 1) is telling the loop it is always True, and to eternally loop. to exit an always true loop you will need to call 'ExitLoop'

Realm

Edited by Realm

My Contributions: Unix Timestamp: Calculate Unix time, or seconds since Epoch, accounting for your local timezone and daylight savings time. RegEdit Jumper: A Small & Simple interface based on Yashied's Reg Jumper Function, for searching Hives in your registry. 

Almost eternally grateful.

And forgive the double-post. I thought I checked, this is a heavily-modified forum interface than what i am used to seeing (phpBB3).

;) or :) your preference.

don't think i'm a freeloader. your help has been effective! here's the script contributed - thank you creator and thank you members and thank you authors of autoit!Call Conference Dial-in Script updated from time to time.